Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

OUTDOOR PEOPLE pond question????

Well if leaches are so good at moving blood.....I wonder if it would help people with retreating hair lines...LOL...isn't that what they say is part of hair loss, lack of blood to the scalp??

BTW..thanks for the interesting tidbits on leaches....all I know is THEY HURT!!

Guest fivestar

Is there even one sane person on this forum??

Well there was that one guy that registered, he just never posted.  ;)

I believe in life in other other planets. Maybe not life as we now it, you know breathing air and drinking water, but maybe some other ways. There are animals that live around volcanoes in the deep sea, breathing all kinds of stuff, then same thing could happen in other planets.

Now, about UFO's or intelligent beings visiting, Im not sure. I used to believe, but now Im not sure. But I think there must be life somewhere else, its a huge place out there. We are still finding new species of land animals almost daily, imagine what is there to find in space...

I do believe there has to be other intelligent life out there cause there isn't here!!! ....well except for this forum, there we have some of the best people/intelligent life there is!!  ;)

Jenny

medical uses. Back in the old days they were a common part of a doctor's kit. In fact for several hundred years. Now days, they are still used in much the same way BUT here it is...say you are in an accident and you get a big ole bruise around your eye..all swelled up with nasty blood under the skin...leeches will suck that blood out in no time,reduce the swelling,while at the same time secreting a coagulating agent that stops the bleeding almost as soon as they are removed. This is a fact that I am telling you. Medicine is a hobby of mine.

And now days they use other critters to clean away damaged flesh. Hmm..... I think I'm going to be putting lunch off for another couple of hours.

well there was that one guy that registered' date=' he just never posted.  ;)[/quote']

You could see him? I thought that was the mysterious "stealth" mode member.

See all the fun stuff I miss when I need to field phone calls. Dang. I soooo miss out on all the action.

Terry ... Good luck with your creature the from the black lagoon. I would also like to see photos ... or better yet, YOUTUBE!!! nuts.gif

justkidding.gif You know we believe you!

popcorn.gif

Guest Terry

Ok I didn't want to post this picture because you can't see it all. It's just a baby one, I need a macro lens to show the detail. It is dark gray on top with orange dots and all orange on the bottom. Now the big ones GLOW neon orange when they attack. And it's like he is on a dimmer switch, it glows on and off - on and off. I think it is when he is sucking the life out of his victim. If he sees my shadow hit the pond to catch him... He turns CLEAR and it's hard for me to track him. I SH!T YOU NOT.

The big one is an inch wide x 16 inches

post-0-12986518360102_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986518367867_thumb.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Terry thats so cool. I wonder how an animal (or whatever it is) can glow and become transparent.

Totally cool!

Guest fivestar

That looks like a leach to me, but I've never heard of 'em turning colors or transparent before.

Guest Terry

That looks like a leach to me, but I've never heard of 'em turning colors or transparent before.

Right, and thats why everyone thinks I'm crazy. I heard of something like a hematoad or nematoad? that is clear. not sure of the spelling. But this thing CAN glow like a lighting bug. :thumbsup:

I have only seen all black leashes around our area. But this has colors like a salamander.

I can imagine Terry hunting this things with the song "Eye of the Tiger" in the background  :thumbsup:

Guest Terry

I wouldn't... :lol:  But I feel like bleaching the entire pond. :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Terry dive in after him.  :thumbsup:  He won't hurt you, may suck your blood dry.

Right, and thats why everyone thinks I'm crazy. I heard of something like a hematoad or nematoad? that is clear. not sure of the spelling. But this thing CAN glow like a lighting bug. :thumbsup:

I have only seen all black leashes around our area. But this has colors like a salamander.

Hematodes and nematodes are parasites that you would need a magnifying glass or even a microscope to see. That looks like a leech to me. Very common in garden ponds. See Joe's link.

Guest fivestar

Here's Terry explaining it. 

Guest Terry

Here's Terry explaining it. 

What the HELL is that! LMAO tears rolling, you are SOOOOO in for it. :thumbsup:

I can't even finish watching it my eyes are watering so bad.

Guest fivestar

That's you Terry, doing your "what is it" youtube video.  :thumbsup:

Well... you people have been mighty busy today! I've only been gone for 12 hours, and now the entire www is running at snail speed because "Terry" thinks he has E.T. leech in his backyard pond. Now he's got Joe so scared that he's sleeping with a 9mm Glock in each hand, every light in the house burning 120v bulbs, and a 2" armor plate around his neck!!! We got John & Five chillin' in the corner, eatin' popcorn like they just each smoke a quarter bag within 10 minutes without exhaling. And now I've just watched a youtube video for 4 minutes, and have the slightest clue about what was said the whole time...

I took a second to look this "creature" up on snopes.com, to see if there was any truth to this "story". While I was at it... I decided to see if there was any truth to this "Terry" fellow too.

Both searches came back "unfounded".

This is the best message board.... EVER!  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Well... you people have been mighty busy today! I've only been gone for 12 hours, and now the entire www is running at snail speed because "Terry" thinks he has E.T. leech in his backyard pond. Now he's got Joe so scared that he's sleeping with a 9mm Glock in each hand, every light in the house burning 120v bulbs, and a 2" armor plate around his neck!!! We got John & Five chillin' in the corner, eatin' popcorn like they just each smoke a quarter bag within 10 minutes without exhaling. And now I've just watched a youtube video for 4 minutes, and have the slightest clue about what was said the whole time...

See if you'd join John and I "in the corner" helping us smoke the quarter bag you would understand ever he said in the video.  :thumbsup:

Guest Terry

I took a second to look this "creature" up on snopes.com, to see if there was any truth to this "story". While I was at it... I decided to see if there was any truth to this "Terry" fellow too.

Both searches came back "unfounded".

This is the best message board.... EVER!  :thumbsup:

Oh my God, I never laugh this hard, I knew you people would give to me. But I know what I saw, my wife seen it also.