H2Ohydrographics

I feel like i should know this...dont need the graphic but the how to

I feel like I should know how to do this, but ughhhhhh, cant figure it out! How do I or whats best tool to use when I wanna do something like in pic. I mean when I cut my 2 colors and get ready to press em, I want the courageous to lay or fit inside the ampersand, not on top. Does that make sense? Thank you so very much, Anna (I use Corel Draw)

Dont need the strong and courageous just wanna learn to cut words out of whatever, ex:ampersand and layer inside of each other not on top of each. post-34900-0-26525600-1447172433_thumb.j

To make one like that....

you need to take the overlapping pieces out of the ampersand...

In Corel:

Select both,

Use Arrange/Shaping/Back Minus Front.

Sue2

• Like 2

Copy the courageous with control+c and do as sue said then press control+v to paste the text back.

• Like 2

Just an FYI. When I do this I typically use a slightly larger version of the original so there is a little room around the inside lettering. In AI I do a path offset on the courageous then use that offset to punch out the ampersand. Not sure the procedure entailed with Corel to do the same thing. 

• Like 1

Send the file and I can do it real quick. The wording over the ampersand you need to do an outside contour. Then with the slightly larger contour, simplify it will create a void around the ampersand.

also the words on that shirt isnt cut out. there layered.