Sign in to follow this  
roicead

mh871 mk ii not plotting correctly

I'm using an mh871 with sure cuts a lot 3 and my image file was made in illustrator.  windows 8, usb.  I can cut small files with no issue, but when I cut a larger file the edges intersect where they shouldn't.  for example, i just cut a 24x48" map of the us with state borders.  i've attached a section of my illustrator file and a photo of the finished cut.  any ideas on how to fix this?

post-96173-0-89216400-1447104913_thumb.j

post-96173-0-41754900-1447105113_thumb.g

Are your pinch rollers positioned over the knurled/textured grit roller?

Are you unrolling enough vinyl for the job or letting the cutter unroll it?

Anyone want to put money on a memory issue. The MH. has the smallest memory and that file would have a tone of nodes

Are your pinch rollers positioned over the knurled/textured grit roller?

Are you unrolling enough vinyl for the job or letting the cutter unroll it?

yes, the pinch rollers are positioned over the textured roller.  there's enough pressure for the pinch rollers to leave marks on the vinyl.

i had everything on the roll.  i'll try again with it unrolled.

Anyone want to put money on a memory issue. The MH. has the smallest memory and that file would have a tone of nodes

it also does this with much simpler files around 6" that would only contain one word consisting of about 6 letters.  it happens randomly with those files but doesn't happen as often.  i could cut the same file multiple times and it will happen on some but not others.

Have you tried connecting thru the serial cable to bypass the flaky sub chipset in the mh?

Have you tried connecting thru the serial cable to bypass the flaky sub chipset in the mh?

no, i haven't, i'll try that next.

If you don't have a computer with a serial port use a key span brand adapter. Proven solid performance.

If you don't have a computer with a serial port use a key span brand adapter. Proven solid performance.

thanks.

I personally put a serial card in a desktop years ago for that purpose

there's one on my desktop at home, but not on my laptop that i have with me.

I have a suggestion, FWIW.

Download and install SIGNBLAZER. http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Then open your AI file, and save it as .eps version 8.

That should import to SB, and the cutter should perform correctly.  (Use the RedSail 1120C driver)

Let us know what happens.

Download and install SIGNBLAZER. http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

That should import to SB, and the cutter should perform correctly.  (Use the RedSail 1120C driver)

thanks, my day job is working in emergency dispatch so i won't get to try anything else until my next day off on tuesday.  i'll let you know how it goes.

i can't download the software.  it says network error.

i can't download the software.  it says network error.

Are you down loading it from the original post of Slice&Dice?  The link is working for me.

Are you down loading it from the original post of Slice&Dice?  The link is working for me.

it worked fine for me this morning.  no idea what when wrong.  just trying to get as much lined up as i can before i have another go tomorrow.  thanks for the help.

it worked fine for me this morning.  no idea what when wrong.  just trying to get as much lined up as i can before i have another go tomorrow.  thanks for the help.

Best thing is to put a value cutter on a Tripp lite Keyspan adapter or a Belkin..,  those are the brand names.  Value cutters don't have true USB connection.  Very flakey  Your welcome

• Like 1

Best thing is to put a value cutter on a Tripp lite Keyspan adapter or a Belkin..,  those are the brand names.  Value cutters don't have true USB connection.  Very flakey  Your welcome

thanks again, you've all been really helpful.  i ordered a keyspan adapter last week for my laptop and have it ready to go, going to install sign blazer tonight and i've simplified the map in illustrator to the point where the number of nodes is nearly halved.  tomorrow is my day off an i'll let you know how it goes.

thanks you all for your suggestions, they worked.  i switched to sign blazer, used the keyspan adapter and simplified the image in illustrator.  i got a few maps cut out and even had time to start staining some of the orders.

post-96173-0-22301800-1447828195_thumb.j

post-96173-0-73902600-1447828190_thumb.j

• Like 2