I just want to double check and make sure im coming to the correct pricing

a 24 x 24 decal for tractor trailer door would be $24. in single color

and in 2 color if I have seen correctly is 50%on top of the single color price...

totaling $36. ea.

I have the pricing on smaller 6-8 inch decals down but is it the same equation on large decals?

To do a big truck up to 2 colors

Doors

US DOT ( on each side )

Hood # ( on each side )

I get $110.00

And Im the low guy around here. ...

I've been at $80 and I'm in the sticks. If I were in a city I'd definitely be higher

Like Jaybird, I'm in the middle of NOWHERE and I do several  truck doors a month. I get 100-125.00 per truck ( including DOT and truck numbers, provided the bring the truck to me. Go to them , added charge.

have I been wrong this whole time ??

Im pretty sure ive been seeing add length and width then divide it in half

to get the pricing ...

did I just misunderstand or is that on just smaller decals...

if so at what size did calculation change??

id like to have it so in my head I can give an estimate as it seems around here price is first thing they ask

have I been wrong this whole time ??

Im pretty sure ive been seeing add length and width then divide it in half

to get the pricing ...

did I just misunderstand or is that on just smaller decals...

if so at what size did calculation change??

id like to have it so in my head I can give an estimate as it seems around here price is first thing they ask

Ok, don't listen too much to me, I don't do retail sales or pricing the same as most people, but if there's one thing I know, it's that there is no single pricing method that works for everything.

I do H+W/2 when I make a decal and give it to someone. Install and design costs more. Intricate designs cost more. Different materials cost more. Layering costs more. And even then, if I look at it and dread doing it, it costs more. If it's super simple for someone I like, maybe less. If I'm making a lot of decals, I may adjust it up or down. I did some 1x3 decals which should cost $2 each but they were 2 color and I was doing 10 of them. I thought $40 sounded better.

At a certain size, H+W/2 breaks down. I'm doing a 6in by 200in lettering job soon and H+W/2 would be $103. I'd do it for that, but the install will be hard so that's more. And if it were 24 inches tall, it would be 4 times as complicated, but with H+W/2 the price would only be $112. I wouldn't do 24x200 for that. I also do some 1x1 decals on a repetitive basis and I charge $5 each for them. They are paying for my time and for the fact that I have all the designs they need, about 30, ready to make at a moment's notice.

I don't have any advice, just showing you how H+W/2 sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

thanks ... for past few yrs never had anyone ack for anything larger than 10 in ...

till recently ..and when I figured it out the way I been .. I was thinking this cant be right ..

did a pair of decals at 2ft x 4 ft ... priced it at $96... since then been getting asked to do the large decals

someone even called me from over an hr away ... really had me thinking at that point ...

I appreciate everyones input ... thanks again