Trillion

Are some tiny hang-nails in 0s, Gs, Es etc normal?

I've cut a metric crap-ton of vinyl on my Graphtec, and I only see this when there is an issue with a specific font or bad nodes in a design.

Would that be the case with Arial  and circles done directly in Graphtec Studio? How do you alter the nodes?

I think what OW is alluding to is your Graphtec, while a smaller unit than most of us run, should not be leaving the little hanging chad you are finding. I don't personally own a Graphtec but they are known for being very accurate and long lasting. I would have it checked out. 

Ended up taking it back today and getting a refund after I noticed a big scratch running down the length of the copper tube under the cover, in addition to the damaged bearing. The company I bought it from tried to deny that this was a defect which made the experience quite unpleasant, and kept complaining about the loss of the £700 on the unit.. I was absolutely disgusted and the experience sadly put me off buying from them. Just want to make it clear that this was NOT Graphtec, but a retailer here in the UK. They actually refused to exchange it for another one stating that I would be unhappy with the new unit and it would be no better and that they didn't want to lose money on another machine. I found their attitude to be very unprofessional. They also claimed that the cuts were within tolerance which may be fair enough, but one employee at Graphtec did state that the cuts weren't up to standard.

Another customer in their shop even remarked that they were being unfair.

Decided to go for a slightly bigger Roland GS24 which I've ordered online this time.

Decided to go for a slightly bigger Roland GS24 which I've ordered online this time.

Roland is another good name brand. You will be happier with the 24"machine anyway. 

Roland is another good name brand. You will be happier with the 24"machine anyway. 

Yeah, I'm hoping it cuts detail as well as the Graphtec did (aside from the hang nails on circles). I would have gone for the larger Graphtec model but the experience yesterday put a very sour taste in my mouth which is a shame. Graphtec themselves were brilliant when I visited them - they did umm and ahhh over some of the cuts they made with my machine though. Their machine did something very similar but to an unnoticeable degree unless viewed under their microscope (no really, they let me have a look at the cuts under a microscope!).

I bought the smaller Graphtec since I wasn't entirely sure whether I'd enjoy all of this, but I'm loving it so I've gone for a bigger model with less limitations! :)

I had same same issues with my value MH cutter. I changed the offset of the blade in sure cuts alots software and it cuts perferct now..

I had same same issues with my value MH cutter. I changed the offset of the blade in sure cuts alots software and it cuts perferct now..