Primal Decals

Install From hell !! sorry for the poor pics

Well here it is .The Veterans Bus from Hell!!..Lets start off that that when i first came across this job ,I had permission from the top dogs to do all the decals with no worries per The miltary commander in charge from this post. So he told me exactly what he wanted no if's,and or buts, If i suggested something it wasnt going to happen,His way or nothing so with that in mind lol.. Here it goes....

I was told that this was going to be painted with a blue banner like in the picture and he wanted me to remove all  the old decals that he wanted gone. Ok done..   Well he went and bought some 2000 grit etc sand paper and i removed the decals,adhesive etc and he started sanding away after the fact, He was trying to do as much work to save cost from the body shop for the blue... Well all said and done and 2 days later i get a call that he wants me to put on a blue wrap instead cause He just found out that the paint was going to be out of their budget !!  Really ? OMG.!! I was told he had already made arrangements with the body shop,Well he didnt.     So now that a lot of the paint in some areas were sanded down to bare metal i knew this was going to be bad.... So i quoted him the material cost and a little labor Since he was helping when i needed it even tho this was mostly donated for a good cause lol.......       So i put the blue on and noticed that where he had sanded to metal was showing a ghost effect thru the vinyl .( Let me point out that i used Oracal 751 Brilliant Blue and he actually wanted the cheaper 651 but i told him i REALLY DONT SUGGEST IT .I got my way one one thing)    

So The ghosting look thru the vinyl Sh*t. and paint missing behind the Usa flag etc And the Red Lettering on the Blue( Which i suggested At least have a White Outline or something He said nope..Ok.   The only thing he was told to order was the (20" i think) 3 large Circle logos that went on the rear,and 2 sides That were out of Florida at some decal shop( he had to get those Per Headquarters Rules)  and they were cut and pieced together with tape in 12 peices per Large Decal,what a mess, I had to completely take them apart and re apply piece by piece etc etc..

So all said and done, removed the decals, the lights etc put the blue on and  i got everything put on the way he wanted and i got free advertising on 2 sides(put on after the pics were taken) and the Bus was in the local parade and everyone gave compliments that seen it,even a senator showed up and said it looked great. Well to me it could have gone way better ,but i accept it as a learning and  do it the "customer his way way experience"..     Enjoy and please feel free with any suggestions and comments,This was my first ever at this type of install. I know there is some issues somewhere...  You can really see the ghosting in the last picture with me on both sides of the large decal. Total SH*# i know.

Thanks Guys

post-88251-0-24797100-1446219517_thumb.jpost-88251-0-75962300-1446219686_thumb.p

• Like 2

the customer is always right.

yes i know, But i learned some good skills for doing my first ever half wrap, dry install with the winds blowing lol