Primal Decals

Well here it goes .

I normally am hesitant to post work i may have done just because i see so many others with high standing performance design compared to my little knowledge i have and what criticism i might get ,but here is a few  i did and the way the customer wanted it ,This was my first attempt at these awhile ago, Be kind and gentle with your comments lol... jkn

post-88251-0-39151700-1446080959_thumb.jpost-88251-0-36600700-1446081083_thumb.jpost-88251-0-83537400-1446081142_thumb.jpost-88251-0-97190300-1446081240_thumb.jpost-88251-0-09472900-1446081562_thumb.j

• Like 7

My favorite is the flamingo one! Did you layer them before application, or on the vehicle itself?  If on the vehicle, wet method?

Thank you everyone.Got my cutter last December and started learning the software in jan to feb and making my first cuts in March with no experience or knowledge of any kind ........ No wet method install on anything. I tried it once and didnt care for it.so all my installs are dry method.And for the flamingos i layered on my light table. For the Pet salon (roughly a 9' x 8" glass front )i layered on the glass,I brought a pair of shop lights and lit up from the inside out like a light table would do and then installed.The Cary's sign is 2 ea one sided 4'x8' pre painted that will be back to back mounted on a new structure like the old one was,Customer wasnt ready yet to hang sign.

A similar design to the Tire shop sign was also created for a Race car that recently raced at Daytona Speedway which was very awesome to make and see it live on T.V. .I was surprised.

Anytime a customer wants a job a certain way and i feel it should be different,changed or just awful looking i give my advice,they will either take or leave it.In the end the customer has the final say even if it may look strange or out of place or just doesnt look good. I will do as they need.If they are happy with it ,thats what matters.I do take picture of every job i do and make a comment stating this is what the customer wanted ,not what i may have suggested.That way if someone says why did you do that or that looks like crap? I can say they wanted it that way against my own ideas etc. And it doesnt make me look like i dont know what im doing .

From not knowing anything about Vinyl,Cutters,Software to where i am now with more knowledge (but still lacking info and learning everyday )from everyone on this forum I want to thank EVERYONE that has offered their help in way or another,No matter how small of advice you gave it still helped in some way or another. I am very happy with what i make per each job.It might not be what everyone else charges but i am lower than any shop in my town , this gets my name out there for the good work every customer has said about me and i have contracts now with 2 four wheel drive groups and the designer and fabricator of the Go-Cart wings as well which is awesome.

Anyway Thank you again to all of you.

• Like 2

Really nice stuff you got going on there. I wouldn't have the confidence to even try such large installs. Hell, my apartment installs all come out like crap lol

• Like 1

Thank you everyone.I feel better now about posting more lol..Any suggestions on anything ? lol I do have one more image to post but ill make it on a new topic cause i am curious on everyone's suggestions that will gladly accept any comments good or bad .It was a nightmare for me but a very happy customer..New Topic will be called install from hell ! lol

Primal looks great to me too. If you want a touch of constructive criticism I would possibly point out the points on some of the white background letters on the pet shop have chopped ends. This is a setting that can be adjusted sometimes to round the corners (Sometimes that doesn't look right either) Some wild fonts and severe corners give that result when offsetting. If you want the regular look and are having a few that mess up I go after them by hand and fix them individually. Just one of my little pet peeves. That is real minimal and probably not noticed by very many people if any. Had to look pretty hard to find something to bring up. Great work!

• Like 2

Primal looks great to me too. If you want a touch of constructive criticism I would possibly point out the points on some of the white background letters on the pet shop have chopped ends. This is a setting that can be adjusted sometimes to round the corners (Sometimes that doesn't look right either) Some wild fonts and severe corners give that result when offsetting. If you want the regular look and are having a few that mess up I go after them by hand and fix them individually. Just one of my little pet peeves. That is real minimal and probably not noticed by very many people if any. Had to look pretty hard to find something to bring up. Great work!

Thanks Wildgoose.  Ya i completely understand how to do the rounding effect with font and with the chopped part of the font and i suggested making them round but they wanted that look. They were extremely happy with the out come in the end.

Old post i know,,, but here is an update on the same tattoo shop, they ended up changing their name so i got to make a whole new design for the same truck lol.... Here it is ..13015488_10206904717878657_3530277412604969187_n.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/28/2015 at 6:32 PM, Jburns said:

My favorite is the flamingo one! Did you layer them before application, or on the vehicle itself?  If on the vehicle, wet method?

Late post i know,But i always try to respond to everyone's comments as much as i can.I layered them on the vehicle.i always do a dry install.And i dont use reg marks,I bring my led light to light up inside the vehicles when i can.otherwise i pre mark the transtape on my LED table i made. then just apply ...Simple ..