GraphxNMore

Just got my Titan 2 in, display is blank.

oh wow. thats crazy. never had that happen to mine.. hmmm.. I would hate to say it but maybe a 1 in million defective one? Not sure. If it were me I would contact Uscutter or if it were really me i would open it up to see if there was a loose wire lol.. But im just one of those ones who will fix anything i can lol...

Two more issues. I went on ahead and cut a few jobs and found these problems......

1: With the USB connected, my mouse is totally useless. I'm lucky if I can move it 2 inches. I can disconnect the cable and do anything I need to do. The second I reconnect it, it comes to a halt. 

2:  When cutting, the vinyl advances and catches in the cutting slot. It'll pop as it forces it on through. Very annoying.

If anyone knows what to do about either of these, feel free to chime in. LOL

I think I'm going to figure something to lay in the slot while cutting, then easily remove it when I need to cut off a job.

As far as the vinyl catching the slot, I know what you mean, i hate that popping noise lol ,What i would do is just above that groove tape something that will make the vinyl go out away but make sure its smooth .Make it like a half moon so the vinyl flows smooth over it and you can still use the cut groove as well and just leave it there permanently . get a couple plastic straws or something and line them up .

Talked to USC, they're sending a new LCD. In the meantime he wants me to pull the ribbon and reconnect by chance it wasn't connected good enough. Here's the ribbon..... The only disconnect point is on the motherboard way down in the bottom. It's gonna be a compete dissemble.

Also, does it not look like there's a pin or two not connected? And what's the other two pins not connected to anything about? I can't find any pics of the guts, just the assembly.

As far as the mouse issue.... We were discussing that and got cut off. I'll work on that IF I get the display fixed. It might be a related issue; fix one, fix the other.

Talked to USC, they're sending a new LCD. In the meantime he wants me to pull the ribbon and reconnect by chance it wasn't connected good enough. Here's the ribbon..... The only disconnect point is on the motherboard way down in the bottom. It's gonna be a compete dissemble.

Also, does it not look like there's a pin or two not connected? And what's the other two pins not connected to anything about? I can't find any pics of the guts, just the assembly.

As far as the mouse issue.... We were discussing that and got cut off. I'll work on that IF I get the display fixed. It might be a related issue; fix one, fix the other.

that is what my guess was gonna be. and you ended up having to take it apart anyway. glad to hear it will be fixed..

It's the mother board. I took the side covers off and the ribbon for the USB port fell right out of the socket. Upon inspection of the display ribbon on the mother board, it was the same way; along with one of the prongs not even in the socket. I manipulated the prongs and installed the socket, then placed the ribbon. Connected everything and rested it on the stand. Plugged it up and voila. We're in business.............. but not so fast my friend. As soon as I snap down the pinch rollers it goes blank. I carefully removed the right hand cover and barely moved the ribbon for display and it flickers. Gonna order a mother board in the AM. 

And if anyone ever needs to work on one, the 4 screw on front beneath the cut off slot..... remove those and you have easier access to the mother board. 

Haven't cut anything since reassembling, I'll update on whether it helped the slowness of the mouse.

Sill scratching my head on what to do about the popping of the vinyl in the cutoff slot.

Sill scratching my head on what to do about the popping of the vinyl in the cutoff slot.

Buy a Graphtec... :D