Sign in to follow this  
studioadesigns

FC3100-60 on a Mac using ILLUSTRATOR CC

Greetings. I purchased a FC3100-60 for a overly cheap price and I had it work using my Parallels/Windows 7 on my Mac. However, I would like to use it directly through my Mac and Illustrator CC. I have Cutting Master 2 plug-in installed but I don't see the FC3100-60 in the setup options. My Keyspan USB converter is being recognized, but I don't have any connection for some reason. I did play around with the FC4200-60 setup in Cutting Master 2 but when I send the job, my FC3100 says "Error 1 Communication Not Recognized". Any suggestions or help?

Thanks

Correction. I have connection due to the error message, but my FC3100 is not doing anything except giving me the "Error 1 Communication Not Recognized" message when I send a job. Also, the dialog box seems like the job is going through because of the percentage countdown but still no movement on my cutter.

did you try hitting enter  on the cutter when you see that message? With 232 connection, I would see that on my FC7000-- hit enter on the cutter and it would cut...

Buy a license for Sign Cut Pro and get the Illustrator Plug-In. I design in Illustrator CC and get it cut ready...then file>send to sign cut and boom its cutting all from my iMac running El Capitan OS X 10.11.2. I typically don't do anything in Sign Cut except cut. Being a graphic artist I prefer doing everything...layout, tiling, registration marks...in Illustrator prior to sending to Sign Cut. 

• Like 1

IDK I have only had success with Sign Cut on my Mac. Maybe just re-download the plug in and update the software...or uninstall/reinstall?? 

If you are using cutting master, is the cutter in GP-GL language?

I have a hard copy of the manual and I didn't even care to look for that command mode until you mentioned it mb20music. Anyways, I found the section and set my cutter to GP-GL and....................... I am glad to report that it worked flawlessly. I would like to thank Jburns and mb20music for their help and suggestions. Everything is working fine now. So far so good. God Is Thee Greatest. Thanks again, bros.

B)

Cool! Glad you got it working! The FC's are well built.

Now to dial in the blade, pressure and speed. Search the forum lots of good advice