Sign in to follow this  
dennx

New design, new business

Hi all

I'm a newbie to t-shirt transfers and vinyl cutting. I'm in the research phase and determining my equipment needs, but I wanted to share a design I did recently. It'll be one of the first designs I'll be selling. Thanks for the feedback.

fj-vintage-final-inverted_zpshcl3mcsx.pn

• Like 2

You will have fun weeding between your contour lines if that is to be cut vinyl, print and cut would be the way to go. looks good except you have an fj instead of a jeep.

• Like 1

For sure print and cut for this design. I would also remove the intricate lines for decals. Sorry, but I'm a Toyota guy and all my designs are for the Toyota off road, adventure/explore niche.  :D My other market will be designs for kid shirts. 

if your going to me selling them like a clothing line I would go with plastisol transfer or silkscreen waterbase. even print and cut will take sometime.

You may want to check with Toyota before you start selling anything that might resemble one of their vehicles.

The majority of those contour lines are connected to the main open area. 80-90% of that should weed in one piece.

Very cool. My niche is Ford trucks. Lots of cool designs you can do for car clubs and vehicle specific groups...then you need to get into vehicle wrapping. Im actually wrapping an FJ cruiser before the end of the year  B)

if your going to me selling them like a clothing line I would go with plastisol transfer or silkscreen waterbase. even print and cut will take sometime.

Actually weeding it might not be so bad as mentioned by jaybird below. I'll try that first, but I could also try the other suggestions mentioned. Thanks.

You may want to check with Toyota before you start selling anything that might resemble one of their vehicles.

I'll check, but I don't think it's a problem.

Awesome design and I own a Jeep ;D

Thanks and bummer. jk  :lol:

The majority of those contour lines are connected to the main open area. 80-90% of that should weed in one piece.

I'll definitely try it. Thanks.

Very cool. My niche is Ford trucks. Lots of cool designs you can do for car clubs and vehicle specific groups...then you need to get into vehicle wrapping. Im actually wrapping an FJ cruiser before the end of the year  B)

Thanks.  ;)  I've actually wanted to wrap some my FJ in a Swedish camo design. Maybe one day.

• Like 2