tomk

Printable vinyl - repositionable/low tack?

Hello Everyone,

My daughter and wife asked me to make them some planner stickers, but instead of on white sticker paper, they want to have them done on vinyl.

I am struggling trying to find a printable (on hp latex) vinyl, matte finish, that is indoor/low-tack/repositionable, that they can use to stick on paper, folders, etc, and won't damage/rip the paper when removed.

They currently buy some of these planner stickers off of etsy, and one of the shops does them on an avery dennison vinyl material, but I can't tell what type it is or how it is printed, as it just says avery dennison on the back.

Any ideas on a vinyl I can use to do this?  I looked through the HP certified Orajet products, but none of them appear to be what I am looking for (3165, 3174, 3164, 3640, 3951, and 3551).  I asked my Grimco and US Cutter rep, but they had no idea either.

Thanks,

Tom

Good question! I will try printing on my matte Oracal 631...

I can't put the 631 through the HP 310 Latex...

I hate to post this link but it's relevant so hopefully I won't get slaughtered.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-119986.html

Interesting...thank you for the link.

So new to printing (outside of thermal on edge) that I'm not sure I feel comfortable putting 631 or other materials not approved by HP through the 310.  I asked the poster on that thread what profile and temps he used.

PHOTOTEX    They'll even send ya a sample roll.

Thanks, I'll reach out to them.  Man that stuff is expensive, 54x150', 650 bucks.

Before I printed I wanted to test the 631 on planner paper.  It sticks, but it doesn't come off without taking the planner paper with it, so back to the start on my search here.

Tom

Ok, so I got some sample phototex, have it working with the latex, love this stuff!

However, having issues cutting it, too deep, too shallow, just right but leaves threads behind, etc.  Trying to cut small decal type stuff on a Graphtec FC8600 - any suggestions or anyone want to share their settings?

I've read that the phototex isn't good for small cuts, but I'm soooo close on getting this working that I don't want to give up now!

New sharp blade. Blade out a little bit more than with vinyl. Speed=15 Force=30.

How small are you trying to cut?

Ok, so I got some sample phototex, have it working with the latex, love this stuff!

However, having issues cutting it, too deep, too shallow, just right but leaves threads behind, etc.  Trying to cut small decal type stuff on a Graphtec FC8600 - any suggestions or anyone want to share their settings?

I've read that the phototex isn't good for small cuts, but I'm soooo close on getting this working that I don't want to give up now!

One word: 60° Clean Cut Blades (I don't count too good).

The edges are prone to fraying - it's a woven product, not a solid sheet like vinyl or paper.   A good, clean cut (no pun intended) will help to alleviate most of the fraying issues.

Thanks for the feedback on cutting the Phototex, while I love the product just not sure it will work out for what we are trying to do.  Waiting on a sample of Avery 2611, see if that will work for us.

Thanks for the feedback on cutting the Phototex, while I love the product just not sure it will work out for what we are trying to do.  Waiting on a sample of Avery 2611, see if that will work for us.

I may have just what you are looking for - I have a 3m controltac wall media that is made for latex - the dealer I got it from thought it was solvent comparable but it causes a severe color shift with solvent and when i researched it - it is made for latex printers.  I am guessing about 30" x 30ft at least - 

you pay shipping there for a 5x5x31  6lb box and if you like it I will pay shipping back for a comparable amount of any 3m or oracal product that is solvent comparable.

it appears to your zip code it is $10 shipping