Signs and Designs

Can not get cutter to work!

I have Graphtec CE2000-60, CE3000-40 with vinyl master 2.99 running on serial port and everything works great for years. I have now bought a new laptop and will eventually buy a new Graphtec. I know my setup is old so I am trying to get one step ahead of any problems down the road when and if anything goes haywire. OK what I am trying to do is setup new laptop running windows 10, vinyl master pro v-4, keyspan adapter. Went to tripplites website downloaded driver for keyspan usa-19ah for windows 10 installed and that seems to be fine green light blinking slowly and idle on com 3. go to vinyl master ver.4 set up cutter go to drop down box pick CE2000-60, it will not find auto so setup manually put in port com 3, baud rate 9600, handshake- hardware. test cut nothing. I go to properties for com 3 and change to 9600 baud rate still nothing what am I doing wrong... I don't want to change any settings on the cutter because I am still cutting with old laptop. but I did print out the conditions on the cutter and it says RS-232C, baud rate- 9600, Parity- N, Data Bit-8, Handshake- H.  Sorry for the long wind, I am just lost... Thanks in advance Bob 

I Think I got it going, when I would send test file it would not work so I did not install driver. This time I installed the driver and looked at the driver, the driver had the command as GP-GL and mine are HP=GL changed that, saved and it is working. Now to start calibration. We will see...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.