Sign in to follow this  
skener

Cutter playing up

Hi Guys,

Today my cutter has started taking ages to get the information from Signcut before it starts cutting, it's a liyu tc631 , also the speed at which it cuts also seems slow compared with what it was.I updated to the latest version of Signcut and was fine just started to go really slow from telling it to cut and actually doing so. I have checked all the settings for the com port and both are set to the same, anyone got any ideas. I'm only trying to cut basic text with it nothing really elaborate but never had this problem before!!

If you have the last version  before you updated signcut, I would try rolling back and see if the problem goes away.

SignCut has some fantastic live tech support. I suggest making use of that resource, it's one of the reasons I have continued to move forward with them. They will get you dialed back in. 

Yes think i will, been very happy with signcut very easy to use. Funny thing is since upgrading it now whentrying to open any of my svg files if they have text in say's it can't and text must be converted to curves ? never had that problem with the old version.

Been on to signcut help, they are great, mija explained that  the devolper has made a converter for the files as he was sick of inkscape and corel etc changing there code that is why my files need re-saving with text converted to paths/curves , also sorted me out with the baud rate being set to the wrong speed. Have to say they are really helpful and great people well happy !!!

• Like 1

You are better off saving the text as curves anyway to avoid problems. I talk a lot about the tech support those guys give, it's an amazing commitment from them as a company. 

Yes your certainly right there can't speak highly enough of them always used signcut (it came bundled with cutter) Delved into a couple of other cutter software programs but for ease of use signcut is great, So guess  just have to change some files to curves which really not a big problem i'll just do it as i use them, so now back to it, !! 

Thanks John.