Jburns

Just bought Coreldraw X6!

Well I pulled the trigger on X6 while purchasing some vinyl . I figured they are selling the last of stock for 150.00 since X7 is out.

I thought it would be a nice tool to add to the toolchest lineup! (CS6, Flexisignpro)

Never used it -- but looking forward to playing with it - tracing, drawing, etc.

I started with Corel 5 I believe also in High school we also had Adobe Illustrator it was most standard back then. I didn't have a personal copy till Corel 8 and then upgraded to X3 when it came out then bought every year upgrade.

Okay, to date myself, I started with Corel 3 and have various versions

(X3, X4, X5, X7) running on my home & work computers.

One thing in particular I like about Corel is there are NO outside links to graphics.

It is all saved in your file.

Sue2

• Like 3

still using x6 here - cant remember if it had version numbers back when I got my first one - it came on like a dozen 3.5" floppies  

Martin my x6 finally came in after a screw up fedex,surprise sounds like you could be helping me a lot. I have the other pieces ready to etch but it will still be a couple of days before I can do them

Martin my x6 finally came in after a screw up fedex,surprise sounds like you could be helping me a lot. I have the other pieces ready to etch but it will still be a couple of days before I can do them

Here to help been a corel freak for life If I had a tattoo it would be the corel logo lol

• Like 1

I'll "one up ya". My first Corel had no version number! Would have been considered "1" I suppose? I run x3 here only because I can't affor to upgrade. Best program ever writter!

• Like 1

Corel 5 (no 'X') had the best graphics set ever (in my humble opinion anyway). I think it was as early as version 6 that they made the major change in supplied graphics and went to the cartoony ones that I can't stand. And oddly enough, I've been searching for my version 5 graphics CD for years now. I'm sure I put it someplace safe in some odd CD  zipper case or something, but it's not with the program CD and nowhere to be found... Frustrating...

Unfortunately, there's absolutely no money in the budget right now for anything except the mortgage and maybe some food and wood for Winter heat... Bad times...

I started with Corel Draw 3.0, too.  Picked it up on clearance at Best Buy.  Bought Corel Draw 4.0, 5.0 and I think maybe 6.0 before I switched over to using Corel Xara.  After a couple of upgrades, Corel and Xara went their separate ways and I stayed on the Xara train up until I got heavily into vinyl.  Too many of the tools and features in Xara rely on rasters instead of pure vector and it was getting confusing trying to remember what worked and what didn't.  When I bought my Graphtec package from US Cutter, it came with Corel Draw X3 and so I gave it a shot.. then eventually upgraded again to X5 and finally to X6 - I'm starting to think I've given Corel enough of my money...

Does anyone remember Corel Art Show?  Each year they printed a book of artwork that people had done using their tools and an accompanying CD with image files?  I have books 3, 4 & 5 somewhere, I need to dig those out and look through them again for ideas...

post-24492-0-70795100-1445902164_thumb.j

Just arrived- Cool! a real CD. I was worried about that.

Looking forward to differences between this and AI CS6... I think I am becoming a software junkie :)

post-4012-0-63105400-1446058015_thumb.jp