Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Embroidery Maybe

With the ever increasing garment side of my business I get a lot of requests for embroidery. I am currently trying to get financed to buy a single head SWF machine to get started. MAN those things are expensive! I actually want a ZSK but they are even MORE expensive and the salesman has a clean used SWF trade-in model that he is making me a good start-up deal on so hopefully my bank buys in on the deal and I'll step it up a notch around here. I'll keep you posted. 

• Like 2

Speaking of embroidery... a few days ago I almost picked up an old dual head Ultramatic here in Denver--- the person was giving it away for free on craigslist...It may have had problems - but worth the effort.

I don't do garments, and moving something that large quickly - I didn't have the capability.

.I checked this AM for you Goose- I don't see it.

• Like 1

make sure you get the software that goes with it. the one that digitize. Im also looking for one and herd the software can run from $2k to $7k or more. but the guy I was going to buy it from said he would hook me up. but someone else did the credit right b4 me and got it. swf, tajihma, toyota are really good. also make sure the sewing field and opening is a large one. this is the one Im looking at getting. http://jewswar.com/19/tajima-neo-embroidery-machine/

its the one that says bargain prices. the only tabletop they made. single head 16 thread.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm looking at a 15 needle single head SWF and comes with a 5K software program. 

• Like 1

Pulled the trigger yesterday on the machine. It will take an absurd amount of time to get the funds posted and wired and the machine shipped but in a couple weeks I will add custom embroidery to my little business. I have been reading and watching every bit of info I can get my hands on since I started on this quest. Embroidery is a little more complicated than I gave it credit for and digitizing for the designs is another of those dark arts that look to take some time to understand and get good at. 

• Like 3

Spent yesterday with a trainer getting tips and tricks as well as general information on the SWF machine. I'm hooked. Going to be a little sparse from me for a while as I will be playing with my new toy and boy is it fun! I have a bunch of orders to fill with it so it's not all play time so I'm not slacking off or anything.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I too have wanted to do this.  A lot long than I wanted to do vinyl!!  I got started with vinyl cause it was so much cheaper.  I got busy quick and soon had saved enough money to buy a use embroidery machine.  I thought this is great!  I can set the embroidery machine up, put an item in and let it do its thing while I do vinyl.  Turns out it didn't work that way.  Got a used toyota.  I was so excited.  Got it home, set it up and realized I didn't know anything about embroidery and really didn't have the time to learn.  I managed to learn enough to get a few little things out of the machine.... just playing really.  Didn't have the time to learn and the machine sat for almost a year then I finally sold it off.

You know have me interested again!  I have always wanted to do it.  I should just bite the bullet, buy a good machine, take some classes/training and learn it right.  Then sell off the vinyl and just do that.  I always get asked if we do embroidery.  

Dang you........ now I won't sleep tonight.......

• Like 1