Sign in to follow this  
SeeJaysPlace

Screen Printing Epson 1430

So, I'm going crazy here.....

So i have a roll of 13 inch Waterproof Film Positives

And I cut it into 13x? how big my image is i need to print

But my Epson 1430 it takes some times like 5-10 try's to get my printer to feed it in properly...

and even i have to send the print a few times to the printer! .. well this is annoying.

Do i really need

http://www.screenprinting.com/the-ditto-auto-sheet-film-feeder-13#.VimkYytNj5x

$100 product to make it work every time???

is there something simpler i could do?

I'm looking for help !!! Before i pull all the my hair out!

I have a 1430 and print to inkjet transparencies and waterproof  film all the time for creating washout sand blast mask. Same as for screen printing. I don't usually put more that one in as they stick together. Looks like the item your showing is just a page separator. If you need to print multiples and walk away that my be your only option but if you can just feed each sheet I would say you don't need that.

You may be having issues if the page is from a roll and curled missing the sensor?  Epson will tell you it isn't compatible with transparencies so they won't be much help calling them. I have printed hundreds of transparencies so I know it can be done.  

I would try flattening a piece out first and see if that helps. If not, try a flat sheet not off of a roll. Will it print to a full 13 x sheet no problems?

I have found the paper sensors to be  pretty sensitive on this printer. If all else fails, the film I usually use has a 3/8 white strip at the top. I peel it off if I need the full page but most of the time it stays. The strip is there to trick a sensor into thinking its paper and not a clear sheet. You could try a strip of tape but I would try that only as a last resort since it may get stuck in the rollers. I have never tried it but have read others doing so with success.

If none of those help then sorry. I got nothing else.

Good luck

I have a 1430 and print to inkjet transparencies and waterproof  film all the time for creating washout sand blast mask. Same as for screen printing. I don't usually put more that one in as they stick together. Looks like the item your showing is just a page separator. If you need to print multiples and walk away that my be your only option but if you can just feed each sheet I would say you don't need that.

You may be having issues if the page is from a roll and curled missing the sensor?  Epson will tell you it isn't compatible with transparencies so they won't be much help calling them. I have printed hundreds of transparencies so I know it can be done.  

I would try flattening a piece out first and see if that helps. If not, try a flat sheet not off of a roll. Will it print to a full 13 x sheet no problems?

I have found the paper sensors to be  pretty sensitive on this printer. If all else fails, the film I usually use has a 3/8 white strip at the top. I peel it off if I need the full page but most of the time it stays. The strip is there to trick a sensor into thinking its paper and not a clear sheet. You could try a strip of tape but I would try that only as a last resort since it may get stuck in the rollers. I have never tried it but have read others doing so with success.

Good luck

Yep, I cut it off of a roll 13x100 roll..  It does 13x19 paper just fine!

I like the tape idea! i might try that

i was thinking i might have to buy the 13x19 single sheets but it's better to use it off the roll cause i'm not sure how big i need it every time!

thanks for the advice!

That's funny cause my cheap 7510 reads the sheet every time. Never had a feed through without printing.

That's funny cause my cheap 7510 reads the sheet every time. Never had a feed through without printing.

well aren't you special !

• Like 1

Good luck

AWESOME!!!!

I put tape at the end of my transparency today, and it worked like a dream!!!