Sign in to follow this  
Xmom

SB won't recognize purchased file

Attached is file purchased from Etsy.  Vendor is not familiar with SB so could not help.

I downloaded file to desktop and used 7zip to unzip.  Opened SB, imported file but had to use post scanner.  Image shows up and I welded.  Sent to cutter and it dissapears.  Went back a screen and it is not there.

I purchased to use with girls from church.  I am not a professional and my SB skills are simple but trying to learn.

Thanks, XMom

ETA, the forum here would not let me attach the zip file so I attached the silhouette picture of what I am trying to use.

salt_lake_temple_silhouette_144335.zip

Thank you so much!!   I really appreciate it.  Do any of you have an idea why SB won't recognize the purchased files?

XMom

Thank you so much!!   I really appreciate it.  Do any of you have an idea why SB won't recognize the purchased files?

XMom

Glad that you got what you needed here. This Forum has is a great bunch of enthusiasts who go out of the way to assist in various ways.

I will try to take a guess at why SignBlazer choked.

It might have been due to a thing called a "stray node" ---  they pop up now and then, and SignBlazer is notorious for getting into a panic when it encounters one. Every once in a while I import a file that contains a stray node (and they are not always too easy to spot at first glance -- your welding procedure might have encountered it and caused the whole graphic to vanish into that black hole of an orphan node).

Are you familiar with node editing?

If not, you might want to explore that a tiny bit.

My experience, Signblazer has a hard time with some newer .EPS files. For example, it can only open older versions of .EPS files, 

Also when importing, try using "Full Postscript Interpreter".  

Try this: Place these two files in Signblazer, and see which one opens.  They are just the word TEST. - one as CS6 and the other as version 8.  My SB will only open version 8.

Also- some files may come in as all black or white- and may have a layer mask which you have to delete.

Test AI CS6.eps

Test AI 8.eps

Basically they are SVG's which signblazer does not open them its not the greatest of file format. eps is the standard for vectors I assume. I always used eps files until I started using SCALP3 and not with Cutting Master through Corel Draw it is basic vector.

Keeping a copy of Inkscape around would help in such cases as it can open most svg files and export to an eps postcript level 2 or 3.  It opens that file.  Saving from it as svg also might allow SB to recognize it.

And it is free.

• Like 1