Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Weed Trick -- Pull the vinyl off backwards

I never thought to mention this before, but today I was weeding a bunch of stuff and realized that I was taught to do it backwards (against the letters, right to left) and it was worth passing that info along to the Forum.

If you have a phone number to weed, do it left to right, normally.  (Especially if there's a 3 in there)

The reason for the letters being weeded in reverse direction of the way they read, is mainly because of the "E" which is the most common letter in the English language.  (many other letters pop out of the vinyl better that way, too)

• Like 4

if doing a bunch of one thing I try it from 2-3 directions to find the best way - each design is different.  I have one I do a lot of that has a wave pattern in it and you always want to weed from the thicker side  - if from the narrow points of course it just pulls it all up

• Like 6

If it is HTV, warming it a bit makes it easier to weed also, as in laying on the press for a few seconds.  Obviously not pressing it, but I probably needed to say that. 

• Like 1

Yup, I was taught letters right to left and numbers left to right.

• Like 1

If it is HTV, warming it a bit makes it easier to weed also, as in laying on the press for a few seconds.  Obviously not pressing it, but I probably needed to say that. 

Well they do have warning labels on hot Coffee, and they do have the saying on children's clothing Remove Child Before Washing so you might have needed to say that.

• Like 2

did that same one tonight that I have done for years right to left and top to down was so much better

• Like 1

I've always started from right to left; and depending on the size of the graphic, I'll usually work it up & down as I move across. In other words, up & to the left then down and to the left.