Sign in to follow this  
sabrina99

Customer wanting political signs

I have a family member who wants twenty five 18 x 24 political signs printed or done in vinyl (whichever is cheaper) asap.  They found 20 signs online for $140.  Just to buy greenstar vinyl and application tape I am over $100.  Plus coraplast and the sign stands.  Because this is a family member, I was going to have them buy all the materials and give them to me.  I don't really want to do the labor for free plus get stuck with the bill for materials.  I haven't had time to really research what the going rate for printed signs are but, is $7 reasonable?  I don't want them to get ripped off but, they are the ones who waited until two weeks before election to do this. 

I am kinda getting back into the swing of things.  I have been off this forum for a long time!

I forgot to mention, they are two sided.  I told them if I do them for efficiency, I am only doing one color because they want them yesterday.

At that price it would be better to tell the family member to order them online. It will save you a relationship with your family member and you a ton of stress!

• Like 5

I charge around $15 per 18"x24" coroplast sign and I hate when someone orders them. I can't imagine making 24 at no profit.

• Like 2

That makes me feel a lot better KYSIGN.  I don't mind doing stuff free sometimes.  I don't make my living from this but it would be better for both of us if they got them printed.  I just wanted to know that I was being fair.

someone that screen prints them might do them at that price but not worth it with vinyl.  and on top of that they probably have shipping.   I think jaysplace does screen printed coro in smaller qty like that - you might hit him up

• Like 1

Political yard signs and Real Estate signs are the worst.

The online pricing for those is dirt cheap http://www.onedollarsigns.com, and as you noted, they have an existing source for $140, so wish them well in the election, tell them you'll support the candidate with your vote.

No way can you get involved in that job using vinyl.

However, it might be worthwhile for you to suggest that besides putting out all those 25 Bandit Signs, they might wish to place an order with you for a nice banner that they can stretch across their front yard.

Political-Banner.jpg

• Like 1

You guys are right. The most comical part is that this person is running unopposed. So I don't really get the urgency.

or maybe they just like seeing their name around everywhere and if they don't get what they want there will be hell toupee    :huh:

• Like 3