lablover

My first truck sign..Need price help

Not a real big deal but pretty excited to do one finally.

Here is a pic of what i need to make..Pretty simple and the GVW does not need to be included.  Single color only.

13"high by 30" wide  Image shown is not a representation of size they need  :)

I was thinking around 30 bucks ea.

Being this is my first I'd like to lowball it a bit so I can get them for more business down the road..However I don't want to give away the farm.

They will install.

also, do the US DOT fonts and numbers have to be a certain height and weight?

Thanks Folks

Joe

post-88484-0-72671500-1445349055_thumb.j

I don't think $30 os bad at least not in my area. I do something like that installed for about $100 total.  Make sure and use cast vinyl though. 

• Like 2

Ordering the 751 as we speak.

Pretty sure DOT letters/Fonts have to be at least 2" and readable at 50 ft

do the US DOT fonts and numbers have to be a certain height and weight?

Do you mean certain height and length?

He may have meant just what he wrote.  The weight of a font is the thickness of the character's outlines relative to it's height.

• Like 1

I just did some DOT for a construction company and he told me they have to be atleast 3" according to the highway patrol cause he just got  a ticket and the officer said that is what its supposed to be ...

I just did some DOT for a construction company and he told me they have to be atleast 3" according to the highway patrol cause he just got  a ticket and the officer said that is what its supposed to be ...

May have to look into this

Boats, and trucks, 3 inches, and a bold font, Ariel Black, or something, so they don't have any trouble reading. Just one more reason for 'em to pull ya. Of course, if the customer wants the wrong type font, well, they aren't going to pull you over.

I've been doing 2" for years. Would love a reference to statute stating 3" so I have something to show customers. Visible at 50' is really open to interpretation and blind cops

• Like 2

We run about 50 trucks at my day job and they are all 2" too. Although I live in Idaho, around here if you can do it it's legal. 

3" it is....And, I'm not installing.....Hmmm, might need to make them 2 sets..lol

They need them for both side here in California according to the officer,And i had to put them on his 5th wheel flatbed trailer as well. Im sure it the same everywhere i would think. but you never know.. lol

2" on our vehicles here in CT. Never had an issue with DOT.

751, minimum, on all fleet vehicles.

• Like 1

Why is cast a must here?

The superiority of cast over calendared is well documented. There is just too much expansion and contraction on vehicles for calendared to hold up without cracks starting in the corners. 

• Like 3

They need them for both side here in California according to the officer,And i had to put them on his 5th wheel flatbed trailer as well. Im sure it the same everywhere i would think. but you never know.. lol

We do both sides but like SAL316 we only use 2"

Although it wouldn't surprise me that California would up the standards, I believe the FMCSA regulations requiring DOT stickers is constrained only to actual power unit (vehicle). 

• Like 1

Why is cast a must here?

Intermediate or calandered vinyl has less life expectancy less uv resistance and prone to cracking. High performance or cast vinyl has better attributes longer life and will contract and expand better resulting in less cracking, curling and deterioration. It's just the proper material for the application. 651 is for temporary signage.