Sign in to follow this  
jskwarek

New LP II not working :(

I received my new LaserPoint II a few weeks ago but have been swamped at work. On a long four day weekend, so I got up early assembled the unit and loaded vinyl. When I choose the option to send test directly from the cutter, the head moves and the vinyl moves but the blade never drops down to the vinyl to cut. It's like the head isn't going up and down as it is supposed too. Anyone have any ideas? I called and submitted a ticket to USCutter but they're not open on the weekend. I'd hate to lose all weekend and not be able to play with it.

Jason

Not even at the driver stage, yet. This is simply using the test within the LP II. It should cut a simple square so I can test cut depth and such.

I'll take a look at the link, thanks,

Jason

Read the link. When I push the blade holder up and down it feels gritty but I don't think it is seized up and requires WD40. It's very strange, it's like the motor is bad.

Jason

I received my new LaserPoint II a few weeks ago but have been swamped at work. On a long four day weekend, so I got up early assembled the unit and loaded vinyl. When I choose the option to send test directly from the cutter, the head moves and the vinyl moves but the blade never drops down to the vinyl to cut. It's like the head isn't going up and down as it is supposed too. Anyone have any ideas? I called and submitted a ticket to USCutter but they're not open on the weekend. I'd hate to lose all weekend and not be able to play with it.

Jason

Hey Jason, I just received my LPII this past week as well.  I had a similar issue happen to me as well.  I'm not saying this is happening to you, but did you look to see if the blade holder itself was properly installed?  I'll look and see if I can get an image to upload to help explain better what I mean.  

Try using the 9v battery troubleshooting procedure on the Z-axis (carriage head) electromagnet.

• Like 1