Sign in to follow this  
jmeimerstorf@gmail.com

cutting through thick vinyl

I want to cut through glitter vinyl with my Titan.  With my previous cutter I had to change carriers and use a different blade.  I only have the one blade and I've increased the force to as high as it will go.  Does anyone know if I need to buy another carrier and use a different blade to cut through the thicker vinyl?

Glitter is pretty thick and you would be smart to use a 60deg blade to get that extra blade length. The glitter adhesive is primarily at the cutting surface and the glitter is stuck in there against the carrier so it's some nasty stuff to cut. I think Siser glitter is almost 13 mil thick and the usual recommendation is up to around 10 mil with a regular blade so it's definitely up at the fringe of spectrum plus it's a little lower angle so it will be harder for the cutter to drag it around corners because the whole blade will be stuck in the vinyl. 

Most glitters to, by their very nature, are hard on blades. So it is a good idea to have a second blade holder set up just for glitter, metallics and reflectives

• Like 2

I use the same blade for glitter, ez weed, sign vinyl, I just adjust the pressure 60* blade for me also. Do you mean glitter or reflective?

I use the same blade for glitter, ez weed, sign vinyl, I just adjust the pressure 60* blade for me also. Do you mean glitter or reflective?

I use the blade that was in my primary vinyl holder for the next 10 months or so in my reflective/metallics holder and would use that one for glitter if it had a metal content