Sign in to follow this  
NWAWraps

Wall (interior) decal advice

Hello everyone! So the Mrs' is looking to get into creating wall decals to sell to put a little extra money in her pocket and I wanted to possibly pick a few brains here.

I notice Oracle 631 (matte) is the interior wall decal choice, has anyone had any negative experiences with 631 on interior walls? There are also a couple others that seem to pop up pretty regularly, can't remember names, what about these?

There are a couple different types of paint out there that people use for interior walls. Do these wall decals stick to both types of paint equally, or is one paint more preferable than the other? Reason I ask, is I don't want someone to come back and accuse her of selling junk, when in allrealitythe paint they used on the interior is the culprit.

Has anyone had any negative experience with interior wall decals?

Thanks,

Justin

that stuff that says you can clean kids marking easily - heard it don't stick well to that - 

• Like 2

631 works great. I recommend you use the HT55 application mask since it's specially designed for 631.

Paint can be tricky. If it's got stain or scuff resistant additives it probably won't adhere easily if at all. Some of the low voc paint is the same. You could successfully install the decal only to find it fell off overnight. You should also wait until the paint has fully cured. I recommend a minimum of 3 weeks.

• Like 2

Indoor stuff is probably the riskiest in the business. You never really know what you're in for and if you install it you may be back. If they install it THEY may be back. Lose lose most of the time and always on the cheap. 

• Like 1

ok... i will  this stuff along.  Maybe she will try to find another approach to using this plotter to make a cash.  If not, then she do some "testing" on our walls before we go off ruining other people's walls.

ok... i will  this stuff along.  Maybe she will try to find another approach to using this plotter to make a cash.  If not, then she do some "testing" on our walls before we go off ruining other people's walls.

You won't ruin anyones walls but be sure and have a big disclosure that not all paint is vinyl compatible. 

It's the additives they put in the paint, that makes it 'stain resistant', Also makes it, 'vinyl resistant'. Same as a teflon frying pan.

Put a disclaimer that it won't work with certain paints and wall textures. At the end offer to send them a test piece for a $1.