Sign in to follow this  
finegirl

Titan 3 or...

I am trying to finalize my search for an upgraded cutter in the next 24-48 hours. I have been using the Cricut Expression for 6 years and it is a complete workhorse for the vinyl I have done. I need a bigger and more capable machine, as most of my jobs now require it. At heart, I am still just a girl who likes scrapbooking and making stuff. So, I am intrigued and giddy over the KNK 24" Maxx Air...but the majority of items I cut is strictly vinyl. I like the print and cut feature, I like the ARMS and contour...is the motor a true factor? Is there any comparing these two machines or is there a clear direction I should go? Does the Titan 3 cut a wide variety of items well? engrave, etc? 

the titan3 has a servo motor so very very precise - it also has one of the highest down forces of any cutters I have seen - not familiar with the knk as the decal people on hear don't use that machine that i have seen - seems to be more of a hobbyist market they go after/  as far as engraving = I know there are ebay kits out there but again few people on here would subject their cutter to that = that plan on doing intricate decals down the road - metal shavings from engraving I think would be a bad thing for any cutter

Thank you for the info. It is helpful. Titan 3 is Mac compatible, correct? Anyone know of any sales coming soon?

It does work with the Mac and the Razorcut it comes with for Win is pretty slick as well.