Sign in to follow this  
toptensports

had to dbl cutting presser on MH721- MK2

I have been using same cutting presser on my MH721- mk2 for 2 years and now had to go to dbl what I was to cut easyweed heat transfer material . Is this a common problem

I have been using same cutting presser on my MH721- mk2 for 2 years and now had to go to dbl what I was to cut easyweed heat transfer material . Is this a common problem

Did you change the blade? If you have changed it thats most likely your problem.

Be aware that sometimes the arm that retains the bladeholder onto the MH carriage will not keep that bladeholder down at the lowest point, allowing it to slip slightly upwards in the bracket.

You have to be careful, because even tightening the set-screw to try and stop this from happening will result in the plastic arm snapping.

A better solution is to take out the holder, wrap a bit of masking tape around the barrrel of the bladeholder, and then place it back into the retainer arm, gently tightening the screw until it's snug.

Funny thing is ---- USCUTTER found out that it was replacing a lot of those arms for customers and didn't have enough in stock, so they actually went and bought their first 3D-printer in order to just create their own bladeholder brackets in the warehouse !!!

• Like 1

Be aware that sometimes the arm that retains the bladeholder onto the MH carriage will not keep that bladeholder down at the lowest point, allowing it to slip slightly upwards in the bracket.

You have to be careful, because even tightening the set-screw to try and stop this from happening will result in the plastic arm snapping.

A better solution is to take out the holder, wrap a bit of masking tape around the barrrel of the bladeholder, and then place it back into the retainer arm, gently tightening the screw until it's snug.

Funny thing is ---- USCUTTER found out that it was replacing a lot of those arms for customers and didn't have enough in stock, so they actually went and bought their first 3D-printer in order to just create their own bladeholder brackets in the warehouse !!!

That is true I forgot about that masking tape trick I saw it somewhere else though not on here. Luckily I didnt use the MH that much had smaller decals I could use the silhouette cameo.