Sign in to follow this  
lablover

El Capitan ver 10.11

Anyone with a Graphtec upgrade OSX yet?  If so did you have any issue cutting?  Have not updated yet and will hold off till I know it works...

Thanks Folks

Joe

Mine cuts fine the way it is I dont want to take a chance to find out.  Dont fix whats not broken...

• Like 3

Still running Vista here. No upgrades for me unless it's 100% necessary.

Vista? Ha ha ha! 

I upgraded to Yosemite and have had good success with it. My iMac is getting old and I've about filled up the hard drive so I think it stays as is. Isn't El Capitan still beta?

Vista? Ha ha ha! 

I upgraded to Yosemite and have had good success with it. My iMac is getting old and I've about filled up the hard drive so I think it stays as is. Isn't El Capitan still beta?

It's real time now...And, supposedly it breathes new life in older macs.  I'm going to wait till I finish up this job for the cutter and give it a try, worst case is it don't work and I go back to 10.9  Never Did Yosemite..Too much bad press.

Mine cuts fine the way it is I dont want to take a chance to find out.  Dont fix whats not broken...

Well thats the Rub..Some issue I have on my macbook my get cleaned up by this upgrade.  I'll wait till I finish this current job before I try

Joe - that is the beauty of having a dedicated cutter computer without internet connection - always ready to go and no worries about upgrades or virus shutting down production - have had one that way for about the last 8 years  - even when the main computer in the house has an issue I can go down to that one and crank work out

• Like 1

Joe - that is the beauty of having a dedicated cutter computer without internet connection - always ready to go and not worries about upgrades or virus shutting down production - have had one that way for about the last 8 years  - even when the main computer in the house has an issue I can go down to that one and crank work out

Aghhhh

Well Sir you just made me start shopping to spend more money....LOL

That is a great idea!  I need a cheap Windows Desktop I think   :)

Question, how do you get the file from design computer to cut computer without the net?

• Like 1

I also have a dedicated printer computer (that is connected though) and a backup printer ocmputer that doubles as a back up cutter computer but spends most of it's time as a home theater computer.    most every one has a back up --= even the design computer but that one would be torture on the older computers to do some of the designs - its' a bit of a beast in its own

• Like 1

I know skeeter keeps a couple back up cutting computers handy and john is setting up a couple - 

Aghhhh

Well Sir you just made me start shopping to spend more money....LOL

That is a great idea!  I need a cheap Windows Desktop I think   :)

Question, how do you get the file from design computer to cut computer without the net?

im my case some thumb drives transport the files from one to the other for the cutter - the printer is actually thru the home network - just didn't want to go that far with the cutter one as I like it isolated

• Like 2

Hmmm, the Wife just retired a old PC laptop that might work for that....Still runs fine but a little slow maybe.

• Like 1

cutters don't requite much power to process the files - printer are another story but most of the people with dedicated cutter computers I know are old single core xp machines

• Like 2

Have backups of everything. Software, machines, everything! I'm on the 1 year anniversary of losing my hard drive and 2 years of unrecoverable customer files and I can say 100% lesson learned. I can grab the backup pc and be running in 10 minutes now.

I'm gonna have to break down and get a PC as opposed to Mac.  Too many good pieces of software for our line of work will not work on Mac

I agree with the pc at least a laptop or something. I can cut from wither but use the mac for all me design work and then just cut and a few other things on the windows laptop. Part of the reason I went ahead and bought the dongle for SignCut Pro was to be able to jump machines in a hurry so I can load it on however many machines I want. I have two other older laptops that sit around and do nothing so they work great for back-ups which you def need with windows machines, LOL! 

I upgraded and have no issues. Didn't have issues with Yosimite either only Mavericks when I first bought my iMac. 

• Like 1

I upgraded and have no issues. Didn't have issues with Yosimite either only Mavericks when I first bought my iMac. 

That is awesome news!!!

• Like 1