Sign in to follow this  
NWAWraps

MH-871-MK2 acting up

I purchased an MH-871-MK2 last Monday (5 Oct 2015), and recieved it on Wednesday (7 Oct 2015).  Wednesday evenining, I got home a bit late from work, and had to be back to work early, so i just set up the hardware (plotter).  Thursday afternoon when I got home, I installed the drivers, setup SCAL Pro 3, Flexisign 10, and InkScape/InkCut.  I attempted to use Flexi first because word on the street is that is the software to use, and was able to cut 1 small graphic.  I noticed I didn't cut a border with the graphic, so i added a border in Flexi, and went to cut the bordered graphic.  The graphic began cutting, but after the plotter was finished, it began cutting in a "stair" like pattern all accross the vinyl.  Now, when i try to cut a graphic to see if i fixed the problem, it wont send to the plotter, but when i turn off the plotter and then turn it back on, it'll start cutting, almost as if there is a cutting queue.  It'll do this everytime.  When i turned on the plotter this morning, it started cutting a graphic. 

Any ideas what is going on and how to fix this?

EDIT:  It only starts cutting when it's turned on when it's plugged into the computer.  If i turn it on while it's not plugged in to the computer, then it doesn't start cutting.  It's plugged in via USB