flcbrks

New to the vinyl cutting

Hi, So i have been looking through this forum all day and I must say you guys are awesome. So i have the SC 24' cutter/plotter. And I so need help. I am interested in doing HTV for tshirts. I received the VinylMaster Cut disk, but I have no idea on how to use it, as well as inkscape, and silhouette design on my computer. I just need some printed instructions on how to do my images. I have one logo that I would like to do for my daughter with her school info on it. I am so over whelmed right now, because I have so many ideas, but do not know where to start. Any help is deeply appreciated. 

post-95408-0-10844700-1444447037_thumb.p

Welcome.

"I received the VinylMaster Cut disk" --  you received an actual disk?  or a printed card with instructions for downloading the program and activating over the internet?

As to your question, first you need to dog-paddle before you take on the Olympic breaststroke.

That logo is created using a technique called "LAYERING" and it's not a simple task even for guys like me who understand it.

You have a multitude of colors (blue, yellow, black, grey, white, red) that all have to be designed & cut individually.

Also, there will be a need to create a "pass through" of that panther as it overlaps the SWD lettering (using a technique called welding).

Overall, on a scale of difficulty, that one is a 7.

(and that's AFTER you get the thing vectorized).

Try out some basic cuts first, and get the hang of the process (designing, cutting, weeding, taping, dropping) before you embark upon the task of this logo.

Best of luck. We've all been where you are now.

• Like 3

An old phrase comes to mind here....

Patience grasshopper, you must walk before you can run.

Unless you are already familiar with creating computer designs and vectors,

you will have to learn the basics before you can tackle that one. 

Begin with simple one color phrases and silhouettes.

Did you also buy a heat press to apply the HTV?

Not to mention, most all logos, trademarks, company symbols &

cartoon characters are copyright protected and you need the

copyright holder's permission to reproduce them.

It's illegal to use without their permission.

Welcome & good luck.

Sue2

• Like 1

Welcome.

"I received the VinylMaster Cut disk" --  you received an actual disk?  or a printed card with instructions for downloading the program and activating over the internet?

As to your question, first you need to dog-paddle before you take on the Olympic breaststroke.

That logo is created using a technique called "LAYERING" and it's not a simple task even for guys like me who understand it.

You have a multitude of colors (blue, yellow, black, grey, white, red) that all have to be designed & cut individually.

Also, there will be a need to create a "pass through" of that panther as it overlaps the SWD lettering (using a technique called welding).

Overall, on a scale of difficulty, that one is a 7.

(and that's AFTER you get the thing vectorized).

Try out some basic cuts first, and get the hang of the process (designing, cutting, weeding, taping, dropping) before you embark upon the task of this logo.

Best of luck. We've all been where you are now.

I received the printed card. So i guess I was so off, I thought it was something as just tracing the images. I have never heard of the welding  and pas through. I have been looking on you tube to get some ideas. I learn better by reading things and then doing it, some of those videos are a little rushed. But thank you for your advice and taking the time to go over the process. I guess i need to crawl before I Run.

Thanks Sue2, I do have a heat press machine. I will check with the school on Tuesday, because I know they are able to get shirts with the school info on it. And they do not have to be purchased from the school. But I will verify with the principal. I think I am just excited and want to take off like a rocket ship full speed ahead. As far as the silhoutees is that something like finding an image and tracing the lines..ughhh so much to learn. 

An old phrase comes to mind here....

Patience grasshopper, you must walk before you can run.

Unless you are already familiar with creating computer designs and vectors,

you will have to learn the basics before you can tackle that one. 

Begin with simple one color phrases and silhouettes.

Did you also buy a heat press to apply the HTV?

Not to mention, most all logos, trademarks, company symbols &

cartoon characters are copyright protected and you need the

copyright holder's permission to reproduce them.

It's illegal to use without their permission.

Welcome & good luck.

Sue2Thanks 

Here's a raster, 2 color version to take to your principal;

post-43059-0-93420700-1444494868_thumb.p

Practice auto-tracing and cutting it to sell him on some shirts.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! There is definitely a lot to it but it is something all of us have worked through over time. I like the previous advice and agree that your original pic would be a lot of work and if done with HTV would end up very thick and heavy feeling. Scarecrow's posted pic of a two color version is more lime what most of us do whenever possible. You can even punch out the white areas and let the original shirt color show though if the colors work out. There are a lot of facets to the business but it's very enjoyable and profitable if you have any marketing skills at all. Lots of good advice here and most any question you have has been asked so grab a cup of hot chocolate and spend a weekend reading posts and watch some youtube and you will soon be tuned in and feeling lore confident. 

• Like 1