gcextreme

Contour Cutting with my Ce5000

Ok guys, ive had my ce5000-60 for almost 3 years now, and haven't had the need to use the contour cutting feature.

I have a customer that wants a printed image heat transferred onto their garments. 

I have a subli-patch from coastalbusiness.com and will be printing my image using my dye sub printer, and then need to cut around the image.

I have the Graphtec Cutting Plotter controller, and Adobe illustrator with the Cutting Master 2 plugin.

I also have signblazer, not sure if i can contour cut in that or not.

Do you know of any good youtube videos on how to do this?

Thanks

In YouTube, search "cutting master Illustrator". Lots of good videos.

Thanks, ive been watching a few videos, and i keep getting an 1102 registration mark failure...

i printed my design on a regular sheet of paper, i have it taped to some old vinyl wax paper backing, and i have the head in the box for the margins...it goes to read it, then gives me the failure.

Make the reg marks as thick as possible. I had the same problem at first.

Tried that, the thickest it will let me go is .04 in. 

I dont know what i am doing wrong.

Also when it goes to the cutting master, the design it turned 90 degrees...from where it was in adobe illustrator...i cant figure out how to change that.

Under "Position" there is a button with a little picture of a guy. That will rotate the design.

Are you in GP-GL mode? You should be to use Cutting Master.

I dont know if you have resolved this issue but are you placing the paper/subli-patch the right way into the cutter? make sure the orientation on the cutter and the paper/ contour item is facing the right way.

i have tried many different ways..

also in my adobe i have the items mirrored, but since i have heat transferred them onto the patch, its now not mirror. 

I can i resolve this?

Why would you want it mirrored after you pressed it on to the subli-patch ? Its the right way because the patch should be applied to the garment normally. Are you still having issues cutting it out?

yes tried to unmirror it, but it doesnt mirror or unmirror the registration marks and things are no longer in line.

yes tried to unmirror it, but it doesnt mirror or unmirror the registration marks and things are no longer in line.

Can you redesign it ? or maybe copy that file and tell it to mirror that image which should make it normal? Then redo the contour lines/ boundary lines, set up the registration marks on the print layer, make them 4 and relative to image(s) not media. click print, set it up the way you need, then print. Make print layer invisible and not printable, click on contour/ boundary layer send to CM2. Thats how I do it through Corel Draw X7 and CM3.

Thanks, im off to my fulltime night job now, will you be available tomorrow? i have all day/night tomorrow free to work on this, and my customer wants one of these 6 shirts done by tomorrow evening. 

i am using adobe illustrator, cs5.