routesmith

FREE Vinyl from MacTAC

I grabbed a RX595 real fast to get a job done. It's great and you can run a CIS with this printer as well.

I meant to get a R1900 or 1400 but no one had it in stock and I had no time to wait to fill the print order I had.

FYI this printer will do 8.5" x 44" long borderless prints.

With this printer alone I can produce decals for indoor and outdoor applications.

I can do PSP skins all day long, console skins, RC Car, truck, plane etc decals.

But many of my prints go on racing Go Karts.

PS If you plan to use the same setup as me and plan to use the digital decal of outdoors (unless you have 10grand to drop on a wide format thermal printer), you'll need to print your decal. Then contour cut it, then weed it, then apply the clear vinyl overlay and then recontour cut the vinyl that's laid over the decals.

Lets recap on why you need to recontour cut instead of just print, lay the clear over lay and then contour cut.

Once you have the decal cut and it's weeded you need to draw another offset for the next contour cut (clear vinyl) so that you leave an overlapping clear vinyl edge around the digital print. This is why you need to weed your decals/print after you have contour cut your decals/prints.

The digital print needs to not only be protected on the face but around the sides by the clear vinyl to keep water from penetrating the digital printed vinyl on the edges.

Eric

great setup. I was just looking at the CIS. That is insane, you have like beer bottles full of ink ready to go and its cheap. I think thats definately a system worth investing into..

Wayne

I grabbed a RX595 real fast to get a job done. It's great and you can run a CIS with this printer as well.

I meant to get a R1900 or 1400 but no one had it in stock and I had no time to wait to fill the print order I had.

FYI this printer will do 8.5" x 44" long borderless prints.

With this printer alone I can produce decals for indoor and outdoor applications.

I can do PSP skins all day long, console skins, RC Car, truck, plane etc decals.

But many of my prints go on racing Go Karts.

PS If you plan to use the same setup as me and plan to use the digital decal of outdoors (unless you have 10grand to drop on a wide format thermal printer), you'll need to print your decal. Then contour cut it, then weed it, then apply the clear vinyl overlay and then recontour cut the vinyl that's laid over the decals.

Lets recap on why you need to recontour cut instead of just print, lay the clear over lay and then contour cut.

Once you have the decal cut and it's weeded you need to draw another offset for the next contour cut (clear vinyl) so that you leave an overlapping clear vinyl edge around the digital print. This is why you need to weed your decals/print after you have contour cut your decals/prints.

The digital print needs to not only be protected on the face but around the sides by the clear vinyl to keep water from penetrating the digital printed vinyl on the edges.

Eric

Eric,

Do you have any pics of stuff you have done using this technique and what cutter are you using to contour cut and also what program?

thanks

Yea the RX595 was only 99 bucks at bestbuy then throw on the CIS and your rocking. Most do but make sure you get the UV inks with your CIS system.

I havent taken in pics yet but I can. I'll have to print some decals out.

The programs are simple:

I am using Adobe Illustrator and SB.

You can do this with what ever program you already have.

The cutter is simply the Laser Point UScutters.

Do I need to do a tutorial you think?

Eric

I got mine yesterday after that second request...

a 10' of nice yellow kinda damaged intermediate and 10' of white high performance..rolled up on itself (no core)

and a color chip chart

guess I cant complain, it was free..

Wayne

Yea my yellow came in this weekend in a nice strong cardboard roll but the vinyl roll inside liked like a damn mac truck ran over it LMAO.

Eric