routesmith

FREE Vinyl from MacTAC

They called me today, which is fine..probably cause I requested a color card and they were in the middle of getting them redone

apparently they have a metallic sheet that you can put on any color vinyl and it makes it metallic, I didnt know if anyone knew about that but they are sending me a few of that too..

Wayne

Guest Terry

sent mine and within 5 minutes I got the calls from Amy.

lol, yeah I guess she calls everyone.

Sorry bout that everyone, if you dont want a call from Amy dont put your name in....

Did she offer the metallic vinyl, "vinyl" to you?

Wayne

Guest fivestar

She didn't call me because I gave 'em my modem line for our teleflora ;) I did get an email saying my samples was being shipped out.

Hmmm.  I requested the samples the other day.  No call.  Only an email confirming the information I typed in for my survey/request.  No indication they are sending anything.  Maybe I'll resubmit in another week or so if nothing comes.

Hey Terry, I gave them your number... so you should be hearing back from her in the morning!  ;)

I requested a sample when this was posted and never got any response. I tried again last week and they emailed me and called me. The rep i talked too is sending me 2 samples one cast and one high performance cal. I told her I wanted cast because I was going to try to do some boat work and she told me you dont need cast for that which is totally opposite what I have heard before. I think I will still use cast if I do boat work.

At any rate I think I have samples on the way. I will post when/if I get it.

well 2 months later I got some stuff. Let's see some papers with words. Felt thing. and let see no vinyly samples at all. I did also get a crapy color chart.

well i got mine from mactac  it is black in collor looks ok but im still new will find out how well it is and  got some samples from avery this morning also and damn what a sample i hate to ask for a roll of vinyl these samples are not bigger than a pack of cigarettes got a total of 10  5 white and 5 yellow so damn avery dont try to get new customers with the big samples of vinyl you might go bankrupt if you send any decent size  to new potential customers

Well My neighbors (lazy fedex driver) got 2 15inch x 6ft rolls white cast and blue high performance cal. a color chart flipbook thing, some lititure, a couple 8.5x11 samples of the stuff you put over vinyl to make it metallic, and a poster color chart (kinda useless real samples do so much better on color charts). I think I might try some out tonight. I just hate to readjust anything i have it cutting so good on my normal vinyl i dont want to change settings for samples.

got mine today planning on trying it out tonight

i like free stuff

So I got mine today.  1 yd of white, 1 yd of yellow (they sent me a damaged piece of yellow  :thumbsup: ), and something called Prism Metallic (clear vinyl with some speckles in it - which I'm not sure what I can use it for).  Can't complain too much about free.  But in comparison, I have received a lot better samples from other companies.

So I got mine today.  1 yd of white, 1 yd of yellow (they sent me a damaged piece of yellow  :thumbsup: ), and something called Prism Metallic (clear vinyl with some speckles in it - which I'm not sure what I can use it for).  Can't complain too much about free.  But in comparison, I have received a lot better samples from other companies.

Cut some snowflakes out for christmas and stick 'em on windows.

I got mine today. They sent me 2 yards of yellow and a sample book of 5x7 Iridesent Luster (15 colors).  Can't complain for the price!

Placed my order late yesterday, they called me today.

Sending me some goodies.

- a sample roll of our JT1958P to test on your printer

- sample sheets of our Enhancer Metallic laminates

- sample sheets of our 8300 Series yellow vinyl

Thanks or the link.

Eric

I finally had to email them to get something.  When you sign-up for samples, you should get an automated email regarding your request.  Just respond to that email that you have not heard from anyone...and you should get a response (at least I did).

Whoo hoo!

Got everything in today (except the yellow)

The printable vinyl I ordered, I cut down to fit in my new Epson printer using the Laser Point vinyl cutter (120 pressure btw).

Man this stuff was freaking awesome. I had 0% bleed from the print, it is perfect in everyway.

It looks as though I printed it out on a high rez color laser printer. The detail is incredible!

It came in at 36" wide roll (not sure how long, looks to be at least a full roll or more) I cut it down to 24" wide (exacto knife), then did the sheet cutting on the vinyl machine.

Seems to have great adhesive and is thinner than you Avery sticker paper. So that when you apply the clear over top it is not so freaking thick.

If you are wanting to do full color digital printed decals I can say this stuff is great.

Few things to note is that you need the right printer/inks. Do your research.

Most med-to-higher end Epson printers use Piezo Inks which is what most higher end digital vinyl printers use. It is also UV protected. Also the Epson printers have VERY high DPI prints.

If you have a printer under these specs you can pull off some sweet-A$$ printed decals.

FYI you always (99.999% of the time) have to use a clear vinyl overlay on printed decals.

So be sure to grab some of that up.

At any rate just thought I would put my .02 in.

Eric

Guest fivestar

Whoo hoo!

Got everything in today (except the yellow)

The printable vinyl I ordered, I cut down to fit in my new Epson printer using the Laser Point vinyl cutter (120 pressure btw).

Man this stuff was freaking awesome. I had 0% bleed from the print, it is perfect in everyway.

It looks as though I printed it out on a high rez color laser printer. The detail is incredible!

It came in at 36" wide roll (not sure how long, looks to be at least a full roll or more) I cut it down to 24" wide (exacto knife), then did the sheet cutting on the vinyl machine.

Seems to have great adhesive and is thinner than you Avery sticker paper. So that when you apply the clear over top it is not so freaking thick.

If you are wanting to do full color digital printed decals I can say this stuff is great.

Few things to note is that you need the right printer/inks. Do your research.

Most med-to-higher end Epson printers use Piezo Inks which is what most higher end digital vinyl printers use. It is also UV protected. Also the Epson printers have VERY high DPI prints.

If you have a printer under these specs you can pull off some sweet-A$$ printed decals.

FYI you always (99.999% of the time) have to use a clear vinyl overlay on printed decals.

So be sure to grab some of that up.

At any rate just thought I would put my .02 in.

Eric

Eric what model Epson you have?