Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Ironing Board Material

Alright I got a question and its got to do with ironing board cover material. I'm in the market for wanting a quick slip cover, and to be honest I'm frugal when it comes to certain things. So I decided to look up the price of the Cover already made which ranges from $50 to $75 depending where you go. I decided ok lets look at the construction or what I may need to make one, I can either go with Teflon sheet which seems all you can find is 16"X how many yards you want, well that's great but I need slightly larger than 16", so I looked at Ironing board silver material none padded I can get 44" X 3' (or 1 yrd) for 9.00 compared to 9.99 and up for the rolls of Teflon. I figure the better deal is the ironing board material, but then I started to think about the temperature the material would be objected to and came up with how high of a heat would this material be able to withstand? So my question is does anyone know how this material would hold up to 400 degrees? Also has anyone else made their own quick slip cover?

X I was talking about the one that they sell through Stahls. its a slip cover and I think its of teflon but I'm a guy I have no idea how to sew good.

ohhh ohhhh want to learn I have a juki too that I seldom use!

post-2742-0-99238700-1444245530_thumb.jp

• Like 1

ohhh ohhhh want to learn I have a juki too that I seldom use!

I thought you would have sold that thing by now. I asked my girlfriend why she didn't hem her pants up and she's never even touched a sewing machine. Told her I'd do it when I get a minute and she laughed at me. Knowing how to sew doesn't make you less of a man it makes you a handy man :)

• Like 3

I thought you would have sold that thing by now. I asked my girlfriend why she didn't hem her pants up and she's never even touched a sewing machine. Told her I'd do it when I get a minute and she laughed at me. Knowing how to sew doesn't make you less of a man it makes you a handy man :)
havent really been trying after I hired a pro to tune it up, it just doesn't get used that much as I use hem tape for banners. I did realist it on Craigslist for too much money in case someone really wanted one, but just really in the fence as to if I really want the machine or the room
  • Like 1

But on the other hand I do have an old Colorado that goes thru about 6 layers of denim with no problem so do I really need the juke . . . .

Isnt this why the invented duct tape so we didn't have to learn how to sew?  B)

Isnt this why the invented duct tape so we didn't have to learn how to sew?  B)

Or Staple guns!

y'all are slack lol. Everyone should know how to sew, change a tire, tell time on a clock with dials and several other things. What is the world coming to

• Like 1

change a tire, tell time on a clock with dials and several other things. What is the world coming to

I can change a tire call my AAA club, tell time on a clock when it reads 12:02 its 12:02 if its bright out its day time, dark its night (unless your in Alaska) I'm sure I know some other things lol. I seriously know how to change a tire but I prefer knowing how to change all four knowing how to do just one isnt gonna help. I could see it now driving along with a friend tire blows out. Damn which one is it charlie? Well Dave its the front passenger side. Damn Charlie I just know how to change the front driver side. I know how to sew somethings just not big on it it.

My favorite is "knowing how to count change"  I am sure everyone is aware of this..... kid at the drive thru tells you your order is $7.61.  You hand the kid  $10.11 and he has to call a manager to make change.  

Well, today..... they "one upped it"  (true story)  I went to the drive thru at a popular place.  At the pay window I handed the girl my debit card.  She swiped it once... then again, then handed it back to me telling me the machine won't read it I need to give her another card or pay with cash.  (I had no cash on me this time)  A little put out (cause I knew how to address the problem) I just handed her another card.  Swipe, Swipe.... she handed it back and said it's not reading that one either try another......

At this point I simply said, Just enter the numbers manually....  I got a WTF look followed up with, we cant do that here.  I said please check with you manager..... he shows up, tried to swipe the card..... TWICE, Then simply entered the numbers manually.  Viola!!  She handed me my card and receipt and said   Have a nice day sir.

• Like 1

My favorite is "knowing how to count change"  I am sure everyone is aware of this..... kid at the drive thru tells you your order is $7.61.  You hand the kid  $10.11 and he has to call a manager to make change.  

Well, today..... they "one upped it"  (true story)  I went to the drive thru at a popular place.  At the pay window I handed the girl my debit card.  She swiped it once... then again, then handed it back to me telling me the machine won't read it I need to give her another card or pay with cash.  (I had no cash on me this time)  A little put out (cause I knew how to address the problem) I just handed her another card.  Swipe, Swipe.... she handed it back and said it's not reading that one either try another......

At this point I simply said, Just enter the numbers manually....  I got a WTF look followed up with, we cant do that here.  I said please check with you manager..... he shows up, tried to swipe the card..... TWICE, Then simply entered the numbers manually.  Viola!!  She handed me my card and receipt and said   Have a nice day sir.

LOL omg I thought that only happened to me.

wore the magnetic strip right off that one  - my wife has done that - funny thing is I have only worn one down once   :/

A few weeks ago I ate at Ruby Tuesdays and when I went to pay I didn't have my wallet. They had to get the manager to manually enter my numbers something about employees don't have that level of access at the register. Glad I remember the #'s by heart

A few weeks ago I ate at Ruby Tuesdays and when I went to pay I didn't have my wallet. They had to get the manager to manually enter my numbers something about employees don't have that level of access at the register. Glad I remember the #'s by heart

Your lucky or they really wanted their money.  Most places won't take a number without a card in person.  

Your lucky or they really wanted their money.  Most places won't take a number without a card in person.  

He's in South Carolina they do things different down there, and I mean very very different lol.

• Like 1

It costs the merchant more for keyed entry vs swiped.

Because of the risk involved!!  Thats why they charge more.  You can memorize anyones numbers and use them where ever you go and there is no way to verify its really your number.

There was this bartender once.... at a place I frequented, she was new.  I always left my card at the bar to run a tab.  One night, I forgot to close my tab (the new girl was working) I came in the next day to settle up and get my card.  I came back the next day (the new girl was working) and went to start a tab.... I handed her my card and she said "I don't need that, I have your number memorized!?!)  Holy shit....WTF?  So I married her!  (I had to be safe)  we have been together now for 17 years.....

• Like 3