darcshadow

Font Preview

Just found a nice way to preview all installed fonts using MS Word. You create a simple macro in word and it will then generate a file with all your fonts. You can edit the macro so that the sample of the font says what ever you like.

http://exde601e.blogspot.com/2009/12/view-all-installed-fonts-with-microsoft.html

I like to use Fontview OK- 4.06- its a free tiny program that works well.

xpaperman, try running it a second time. It did that for me too, first time only found like 31 fonts, second time found 300 and some.

Jburns, I like Fontview as well, but it doesn't give you an option to save a file off that you can edit and send out to someone to pick a font they like.

• Like 2

300 font? lol Might need to add a zero to that for many of us. It's an addiction

• Like 1

I use nexus font also, works for everything I do.

• Like 1

xpaperman, try running it a second time. It did that for me too, first time only found like 31 fonts, second time found 300 and some.

First time it found 33 fonts - second time it found 1284 fonts...

I still like using Printer's Apprentice for my font cataloging needs.  I am not a member of their affiliate program - I don't get any compensation for posting that link.

• Like 2

fonts.jpg

I didn't know there were that many fonts in existence...

Yikes! dc I almost don't feel sorry for you. I have at current count 2310 and spent enough time poking through them that I bought Find My Font to save time. Here is a screen shot of the layout from my font manager (FontAgent Pro). It works great and seamless with AI on my mac. I keep a lot of them shut off if I don't need them so that it doesn't bog the computer down. 

post-20133-0-82922200-1444195372_thumb.p

• Like 1

I have enough fonts that none of the font programs work. The programs show the correct name but display the wrong font. Even worse is that if I attempt to add/remove a font using the program it adds/removes the wrong font. I don't have anywhere near the amount that dcbevins has either.

+1 on findmyfont. I recently purchased the program and it has already paid for itself in time saved. I was using the whatthefont capture/upload that's built into corel draw x7 but it doesn't compare to findmyfont.

Thanks for this thread.  I didn't know such programs were available.  I was manually going through the list in Vinyl Master to see what certain words would look like in different fonts.  A pain to say the least.  This should make life easier.  Now to decide which ones to try...

I use Suitcase Fusion.  Been happy with it,

Cal