sdgirl

Reflective vinyl

Which one is the best? I used one by siser and I ruined the sample piece I bought. I must not have had it cutting deep enough so when weeding it was coming off the backing. The backing isn't sticky so you can't just put it back down after it comes off. Are they all like this?

Thanks!

Christi

I've never used reflective htv.   But I do know reflective outdoor vinyl is a bear to work with and needs a lot more pressure to cut.

• Like 2

If interested message me and I can send a small sample of stahls reflective and if you like it I've got a ton of it for sale reasonable

• Like 3

I have done the outside reflective and yes it is a lot harder ti cut. I didn't.k ow that you shiuld use the 60 blade on garmet vinyl though?

I have done the outside reflective and yes it is a lot harder ti cut. I didn't.k ow that you shiuld use the 60 blade on garmet vinyl though?

Its what I use thicker material just like outside vinyl. I might be wrong but never had issues with cutting glitter flake or other thicker material. I have never used the reflective I want to try it hey Jay can I get a sample too?

I've used some red Siser reflective. It didn't seem any different firm regular Siser HTV to me.

Siser might not be still it wouldnt hurt.

Thanks everyone. Where would I find the 3m reflective for heat transfer vinyl? I am looking for a white reflective if that makes a difference. I generally use thermoflex plus for my heat transfer vinyl so I am not familiar with siser. All I know is most times I have my pressure up to 100 or 120 for cutting apparel vinyl and for this reflectall I had it on 220 and it was still coming off the backing while weeding. Maybe I need to put in the 60 degree blade like mentioned. I didn't have to use it when cutting some glitter vinyl so figured the reflectall couldn't be that much different.

The Siser is similar. It's a real PIA and eats blade tips like sandpaper especially if you go light on the pressure the first shot and work up like you would regular stuff. Better to double you regular and do a very small cut to see if it cuts through. If you work into it slow it will just grind down your tip. Non sticky carrier means weeding errors are a lot more work to fix and the carrier sticks to the garment and often leaves a ghost. I think the ghost washes out but as much a fan of Siser as I am I didn't like the reflective. 

The Siser is similar. It's a real PIA and eats blade tips like sandpaper especially if you go light on the pressure the first shot and work up like you would regular stuff. Better to double you regular and do a very small cut to see if it cuts through. If you work into it slow it will just grind down your tip. Non sticky carrier means weeding errors are a lot more work to fix and the carrier sticks to the garment and often leaves a ghost. I think the ghost washes out but as much a fan of Siser as I am I didn't like the reflective. 

Are we still talking about reflective or glitter? Cause glitter is evil on blades. 

I'm talking about Siser Reflectall. So far as my test have went it's every bit as bad as glitter. 

I have done quite a few custom biker tees. This one is in 3M reflective and Siser green glow.

Customer says it gets lots of great comments and lets him be seen from way off on the road.

I am not sure how many tailgaiters got abducted but, I am sure they don't have any fond memories! Lol...

post-92602-0-33418700-1455100143_thumb.j

post-92602-0-55872300-1455100147_thumb.j

• Like 1

Those look great! Where are you getting the 3m reflective and is it hard to cut like the reflectall by siser? I guess cutting isn't my problem it is weeding it without it just coming off the backing. I have wasted so much vinyl already I am ready to say no more reflective for apparel.

I buy mine from Stahls. The reflectall is a p.i.t.a. but I have used it with success. I like the white the best.

But it always seems to curl up so tight it's hard to just get it into my machine! Eats blades like candy too!

• Like 1

Hey Im new to the forum, I do a ton of work w reflective films they are for sure harder to cut and weed, but if done right, with the exact technique, the end results are stunning.

I am also The representative for a reflective film manufacturer, I have a new material that is incredible, its called Aural Reflective, it reflects back in colors depending on the angle its viewed from, its pricey but its something brand new. 

This is a sample of my work.

The first is a normal Silver reflective print, but it has amazing rebound and cuts and weeds amazingly, I've been using 30º blades for this film.

The second is a print using the Aural Reflective, much tougher to cut and weed, also 4 times the price of the silver, but worth every penny :)

Contact me at GMATTOS@DR3AM3R.COM for availability and pricing.

available widths 50" 25"

post-97933-0-18460000-1458496049_thumb.j

post-97933-0-74746300-1458496290_thumb.j

All reflectives will be harder to cut. Those glass beads in the material are thicker than standard vinyl.  If it's not a bit of a chore to cut, the reflective material probably isn't very good.

As for the material coming off with your peel, my guess is that you're hot peeling and perhaps trying to heat it like conventional Siser.  You won't want to do Reflectall much past 10 seconds and  you'll want to warm peel it.