HarveyLester

Creation PCUT CTO630 not cutting properly

Hi,

I have had a Creation PCUT CTO630 for a little while now, and it generally cuts okay, but recently I have started cutting designs which feature lettering, and for some reason it cuts lettering very imprecisely. For example, this is how it should cut:

post-21997-0-51604700-1444082982_thumb.j

Yet, after cutting, the letters will be an uneven thickness, with rounded corners.

post-21997-0-96215000-1444082983_thumb.j

Often, the start and end points of a letter won't align (I have Photoshopped these to help make the problem more visible).

post-21997-0-69079800-1444082972_thumb.j

Changing the blade offset in Signcut makes absolutely no difference. I did test cuts with offsets of 0.25, 0.3, 0.35 and 0.4, and they all look exactly the same. I also tried cutting with different speeds (from 2 to 5), and this made no difference either.

If anybody could help me out, I'd be extremely grateful.

Check your blade holder- it may be loose or cracked.

Or post up the .eps file.  Press "More Reply Options" below and then attach. I will try and cut it on my PCut., show you results and tell you the settings. (I have done too much small lettering on mine over the years) :)

Are your blade cartridge assembly rollers in and on the track properly?

Check your blade holder- it may be loose or cracked.

Or post up the .eps file.  Press "More Reply Options" below and then attach. I will try and cut it on my PCut., show you results and tell you the settings. (I have done too much small lettering on mine over the years) :)

Thanks. I will check the blade holder. If that doesn't solve it, I will post the .eps file...

Are your blade cartridge assembly rollers in and on the track properly?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by blade cartridge assembly rollers though...

What I meant to say was the blade carriage. It has rollers that ride in a track and it is moved across the cutter by a belt behind it.