firemalt

Need advice on shipping a banner

I need to ship 2 banners to a guy about 90 miles away. I have a decent size box that some 24" vinyl came in(approx. 6"x6"). I was just curious... do I roll the banner with the vinyl facing inward, or facing outward. Also, do I need to put something over the vinyl so it doesn't get scratched up during shipment?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Banner john probably has a better idea but the oversized/wide load banners I order at work are wrapped with the graphics on the inside and they also put in a layer of tissue paper

Facing outward. Roll all decals and banners this way, otherwise you may see creasing in the vinyl which can be a pain in the a**. Shouldn't need anything to protect the vinyl.

Haven't seen any creasing in the 6 years I've been getting them and the vinyl letters haven't been scratched or scuffed either

Guest fivestar

I've always been told to roll them facing outwards.  That's how I always roll mine and I use an empty vinyl roll to roll them on.

Facing outward. Roll all decals and banners this way, otherwise you may see creasing in the vinyl which can be a pain in the a**. Shouldn't need anything to protect the vinyl.

OUTWARDS...always! Creasing (tunneling) will happen from time to time if rolled inwards.

Guest rvgraphixs

Also the USPS.com supplies free shipping boxes and labels if you use their priority mail shipping.

i have boxes that 24" vinyl came in along with the plastic end caps. roll the banner up on the cardboard tube  like John sayz and finish it off with a little application tape for protection.  daniel t.

Okay... part II

Anyone know where I can buy 3" diameter/24" long tubes, cardboard or plastic? I mainly use 15" vinyl, so I don't have any 24's laying around.

Okay... part II

Anyone know where I can buy 3" diameter/24" long tubes, cardboard or plastic? I mainly use 15" vinyl, so I don't have any 24's laying around.

When I had my upholstery shop, I cut up 54 inch tubes to start the fire,took them to the dump,etc. I always had a crap load. Fabric comes on them. ANywhere from 2" tp 4" diameter. Check local upholstery shops. Most of them will GIVE them to you to get rid of them.

Okay... part II

When I had my upholstery shop, I cut up 54 inch tubes to start the fire,took them to the dump,etc. I always had a crap load. Fabric comes on them. ANywhere from 2" tp 4" diameter. Check local upholstery shops. Most of them will GIVE them to you to get rid of them.

You might also check to see if there are any sewing factories in your area. I worked at one for 6 years and we had all kinds of tubes that the material came on. If only I had saved a few when they shut it down. :'(