Sign in to follow this  
jermiey

Yosemite printer driver installation

I am trying to install my USCutter printer driver for Mac Yosemite but it is not working. I am connecting via USB and after installation I do not see the printer installed. The driver they provide is not updated for Yosemite. I cannot find this issue online and it is after hours. Need to solve this this weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

would be helpful to know what cutter you have  - unless you have a hp latex or mimika eco solvent printer

Yosemite is pretty new so possibly they are behind the 8 ball on that. Like dakota said without knowing what program and pinter or cutter you are trying to load it's pretty tough to offer advice. I updated my iMac to Yosemite earlier this year and lost a couple other programs. My cutting software of choice is SignCut Pro and it didn't have any issues with the update nor did Illustrator. 

I have Yosemite and was having issues. I'm not positive if this is what did it for me but I got it to finally work after I downloaded a driver from FTDIchip's website directly:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

If you scroll to "Mac OS X 10.9 and above" you'll see there is a special .dmg file for FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_3.dmg

v2_3 is not avail on the US Cutter site which has only v2_18

You can't see the driver installed as you would a printer. You need the sure cuts a lot software in order to interact with the cutter.

Also, I didn't realize on the SC series you had to select 'CURRENT' and hit enter from the cutter's menu screen after the data has been sent.