Dylantje

Direct plot to CE6000-60 cutter

Dear all,

Is there some that has the option to plot direct from Inkscape to a graphtec CE6000-60.

No conversion or whatever..

Perhaps a tutor on youtube or something else..

Like to hear..

THANKS

from corel draw or ai - have you researched this at all at the graphtec site?

welcome from the USA

There is a plugin for Inkscape to send files to cutters but it doesn't work very well and doesn't have any of the options for offsets and over cuts that you really need for precise vinyl cutting.

I work in an elementary school.

Precision is not the greatest need.

A freeware program is needed

.Is there really no alternative?

How can i install That plugin?

I don't remember much about it, just Google for plot from Inkscape and you should find it. I looked into it a year or so ago and found it very clunky and not worth the hassle.

The latest versions of Inkscape have the plot extension built in.  You can find it under Extensions>Export>Plot in 0.91.  It only supports a few languages, HPGL being one.  It only works with a com/serial port and will not work on cutters that use a LPT port.

The com port must be functioning, cables, bios, irq's, usb adapters and all.  It is not as robust as commercial software.  As it stands there are limited open sources options for cutters.   There are variations like TuxPlot and Inkcut, but those are probably going to fail if the Plot Extension fails.

One method of testing your environment would be to download a trial of commercial cutting software, with limited ability, such as SignCut Pro.  It will only let you do a few things, but if you can not get a trial version to do anything, it says something about your set up being wrong or some equipment/cable failure.  If you get a trial to work, you can often take those same settings and try them with Inkscape's Plot Extension.

Back in the day when com ports were it, the best piece of gear I had for testing if a com port was alive was a serial modem.  You could use a terminal program to access the port an enter AT commands.  If you got a response, the com port was alive.  Somewhere along the line I lost my serial modem.

plotextension.jpg

• Like 1