Dylantje

Opensource designsoftware with Graphtec CE6000-60

Dear everyone..

Sorry for my Dumbo questions yet.

I have a Graphtec Ce6000-60, and have fun with it.

I only want to use the open source software Gimp or Inkscape.

Tried, but keep getting e03001 hp-gl error 1 error message.

Here on this forumi can not find a solution.

I would prefer to have a prograama as simple as possible, which direct print.

Who can help me further.

Or who has an open source design package, which works flawlessly.

Inkscape is an open source design package and works pretty flawlessly. What you are actually wanting is a cutting program. I've never heard of an open source cutting program, best you can do is the free SignBlazer download.

"which direct print."

Hmmmmmmmmm   ---- :rolleyes:

yes I 'm from Holland .......... I'm proud of it. Only my English is very bad .... Only i try it..... But can you help me ?

It sounds like you are referring to the cutting software and not the design software, although some are a combination of both.

Is the error your getting when you try to cut/plot coming from the plot function built into Inkscape?  It's plot function only does hpgl, dmpl, and a hpgl variant - knk zing.  It only works via a com/serial port and can not use a parallel/lpt/printer port.  Debuging that error could be a com/serial problem, which can have many culprits such as disabled com ports in bios, irq conflicts in bios, the need for a null modem versus a straight through serial cable or visa versa, outright bad cable, missing drivers, missing usb to serial drivers, a poor usb to serial adapter and length of cabling.

As for open source to drive a cutter, there is not much available. All seem to only work via hpgl and a serial port.  I think commercial is the realistic choice, especial if that cutter is using a LP port.  The cost is minuscule compared to the hassle.

I am partial to SignCut Pro.  It has almost zilch in the design area, but I have design software.  I just need something to take my designs and make the cutter cut.

For open source design, Inkscape is a fine vector design program.  I am partial to CorelDraw however, but do goto Inkscape for certain things.

If you mean just free as opposed to open source, perhaps SignBlazer, as long in the tooth as it maybe, would be worth a look.  I do not know if it can work with the cutter.

The cutter should have come with cutting software.  If you bought it brand new, maybe it is sitting a box some place.  If you bought it used, maybe you can try to contact the company for a copy,

Why not download graphtec studio right from graphtec for a free software to cut from?

Why not download graphtec studio right from graphtec for a free software to cut from?

How does this compare to SBE and can you import files from other programs?

I don't use it and doubt it is as capable as sb = sb was way ahead of it's time but the op was looking for free and that fits for the graphtec people - I think it was really made for the craft end of their market like the craft robo pro but I may be wrong