Sign in to follow this  
BigGreen

My DIY screen press

Well here's the finally look of it single station have around $25 in it .

Think it will get me started and I will grow in to better as needed .

Still got to make or come up with a table to bolt it to .

CEA152B8-D5D5-482F-9579-1C2AE69AFD47-886

72EBD9B1-9788-4D14-8FF1-29BEA59794B3-886

CA311232-B04A-4629-B4CF-E868004B0B28-886

I got to say although I don't screen print, that's very creative, but looks like you could round those corners off a bit. Oh and your home plate doesn't look proportionate ;D ,Just kidding nice job.

Probley going to run the router around it to make it smoother to install shirts on the board .

Gonna have to coat those edges. Poly, or thick coat of paint. The MDF will still grab the fabric, even after ya rout, and sand. For one color starter, good job. 

• Like 1

Your 2x2 upright you use to register the screen would work better if you slightly miter the top to guide to help guide the arm into alignment. It may fit perfectly right not but that arm will get slightly loos with age and having them mitered will make your life easier.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, now I gotta get in the shop and start  a new project  lol

Your 2x2 upright you use to register the screen would work better if you slightly miter the top to guide to help guide the arm into alignment. It may fit perfectly right not but that arm will get slightly loos with age and having them mitered will make your life easier.

are you talking from experience...

thought about that if I need to easy to do at anytime

Yes talking from experience. I have built a few different 1 color presses playing around and that will happen but my last one uses a full length piano hinge that has never even needed the boards to keep it straight.

• Like 1

Nice work!

I built one very similar and it works great...true story about the regi marks though. I found that the better the hinge you start with, the less problems you'll have in the end when its crunch time.

You will be able to make enough money with that one to buy a really nice one if you hustle. You can bang out quite a few single color shirts with that simple set up.

• Like 1