trademarc

sublimation metal signs

I lowered the temp to 365 for 60 sec with light pressure and finally got some sell-able signs. It didn't totally cure all the blotching but it cleared up 95% of it, although the red color is not quite as deep so a slightly longer dwell would have been ideal.

Interesting Digital Grafx suggests pressing face down, i have some of their signs on the way. Wonder if its something with the UV coatings that the direct heat messes up. I would try that with the signchicken blanks but i am out now.

From signchicken i got 8x10's, small shields & business cards....from digital i got some 8x12's

Sign chicken I pretty much buy the larger shields from or as I like to call them Route 66 signs and from digital I picked up the small shields because they have them without holes and I wanted that hoping to get a pic of it soon to show.

I have always pressed my metal face up, but have tried face down and this is one of signchicken's blanks....press at 365 @70 sec came out nice....will be pressing all my metal face down from now on....guess old dogs can learn new tricks....thanks yall

• Like 2

opps this was supposed to be attached to the above post, my bad

post-6560-0-24857500-1458431963_thumb.jp

Unisub metal blanks seem more forgiving I think its the coating used by sign chicken and digital graphx. Heres one of Digital Graphx's 5" with no holes that I converted into a clock. 

post-35756-0-36177700-1458529432_thumb.j

• Like 2