mweintraub

Cutting paper on the MH721 MK2

Has anyone cut paper on their USCutter vinyl cutters? I'm thinking of getting a Cricut or Silhouette cutting mat to use on my MH721. Anyone use one or have a better solution?

It's possible. I used my old Mh721 to make a few small foldable boxes from card stock. I used a large cutting mat designed for cricut machines.

It's possible. I used my old Mh721 to make a few small foldable boxes from card stock. I used a large cutting mat designed for cricut machines.

Thanks. If the poster board idea doesn't work, I'll order a cutting mat.

I use either clear app tape or the carrier backing off Siser HTV vinyl (which is sticky) and cut crafty letters and such for my kids from time to time. I don't have an MH cutter but a cutter is a cutter. You just need something with a little tack that will act as a carrier sheet. I have one of the Cricut mats too but they are pretty stiff and don't always act like you want and are too sticky sometimes. 

I want to try something for test cuts.  Vinyl is expensive.

Card stock is a good idea.

Thanks.

Use a pen attachment for fooling around in the early learning stage. Most cutters come with one. Paper is actually hard on your blade. 

• Like 2