Sign in to follow this  
BigGreen

Cap heat press

Little hint buy a heat press lower platen rubber mat doesn't matter if its 15X15 or what not. Then take a hat load it onto your heat press and see where the hat creases and then cut a piece of that rubber mat to fill the void. It will save you problems in the long run.

• Like 1

I use a piece of foam I cut off my kids bed topper... but yes, Hatter is spot on.  I enjoy the finished product on the hats, but they can be stressful.  ; )

Can you guys explain a little more about the added foam?  I have this problem with my press, same as pictured.  I was using a knit cap under the hat.  It helped but still made a slight crease.

Can you guys explain a little more about the added foam?  I have this problem with my press, same as pictured.  I was using a knit cap under the hat.  It helped but still made a slight crease.

Something like this you cut it to the size you need to make the cap platen on the press thicker and you get better looking products.

$T2eC16dHJG!FFmf,-zD!BRy0!VSp(g~~60_35.J

I found that picture online. I however have done it but since moving I haven't found my cut piece of pad to do hats. its simple you buy that pad and you cut it with an utility knife the size you need.you lay it on top of the hat platen or whatever are you needs put the hat on top of that stretch the hat, secure the hat with the lock down put your design on, lower heating element down and press how long you need. You may have to adjust the pressure after adding the pad but it works. Or like show and go said use some foam / foam pillows for heat, heck you could even use old t-shirts anything to give it even pressure.

So I just started working with heat presses a month ago.. Both shirt press and cap press.... Love the cap press and custom one of a kind stuff has been going off..! So being green I found something kinda wild out... As I'm looking for Oracle vinyl to replace the oracle vinyl I'm running out of I realize that Oracle doesn't make heat press vinyl and that I've been using 651 outdoor vinyl and it works great for half the price,..! Carbon fiber works great on it too... Felt silly when I realized it then was like frack it, works great and Savin me a lot of loot... Wouldn't put it on shirts but Caps yes....

Sooner or later it will fail but hey if it works great.

Word... No fails yet...! All 11 colors in the 12 pack starter pack and the clear all work.... And all layer with each other.... But ya I hear ya

So I just started working with heat presses a month ago.. Both shirt press and cap press.... Love the cap press and custom one of a kind stuff has been going off..! So being green I found something kinda wild out... As I'm looking for Oracle vinyl to replace the oracle vinyl I'm running out of I realize that Oracle doesn't make heat press vinyl and that I've been using 651 outdoor vinyl and it works great for half the price,..! Carbon fiber works great on it too... Felt silly when I realized it then was like frack it, works great and Savin me a lot of loot... Wouldn't put it on shirts but Caps yes....

So you are using the wrong product, letting it go out the door as a good end product??? Your name is your rep in this business and doing things half a$$ to save some pennies is a sure way to be on the don't go to them list. just my 2 cents

• Like 3