Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Any monkey with a computer...

Yep.

A lady comes in the shop today, and has a request for me to reproduce her existing car door magnet.

I ask her -- where is the original graphic file? Can she get that from the graphic designer that put it together to begin with?

Blank stare.

The designer is no longer in business, and she cannot imagine that making a copy of the logo is any more complicated than just waving my magic wand and P*O*O*F*  there it is.

I swear, if I had a nickel for every client that has a business card with a logo and they want me to make a sign with it.

Same goes with cameras. Everyone that spends a few hundred on a camera is all of the sudden a professional photographer.

• Like 1

Same for the folks that can connect their mom/dads/sisters/uncles computer to AOL and the Interwebz...all of a sudden they are computer engineers and web programmers.

• Like 1

I went through that at the end of my time as a Millwright. At the end they were calling conveyor installers Millwrights. The would see my precision box and had no idea what a dial indicator was. It was time for me to go.

• Like 1