Sign in to follow this  
FlawLessCustomz

New to Business. Just Bought Vinyl Cutter & Heat Press

Hello. My name is Desiree. I'm a 27 year old graphic designer in Texas. I have just purchased a 34" cutter from uscutter and a 15x15 heat press from amazon with guidance from someone who has been in the sign business for many years.

I'm hoping to get most of my information from here and crossing my fingers that this is a valuable resource. If you have time to chat or are interested in my setup and ways you can help or we could collaborate let me know! 

Like I said, I'm a graphic designer so I'm already very familiar with Adobe Illustrator. smile.gif

Thanks!

This is a good forum.  Lots's of helpful people banging around.

What have you got in mind to do with your cutter?  As you have a heat press, I imagine tshirts are on your mind.  For that, I will say go with rolls of heat transfer vinyl when you can.  Sheets will do but I find you waste less with rolls, and have some extra when something goes wrong, or even right like a bigger order than you expected.  As for signs, don't forget the application tape, squeegees, and substrates.

I found some good tweezers for weeding cheap here:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVIEJ14?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Practice all you can.  Make family members wear your stuff.

What cutter did you get?  There is no place else on the internet that will be of more value to you than here!

BTW..... Howdy form Texas!

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Nice tweezers set...great price!

I needed some....

They are cheap tweezers.  If you read the ratings, people compare them to high strength steel ones and complain they tend to break.  But, as I am not using them on metal, and they are anti static, they are good for weeding.  They are sharp and enough to poke a whole were needed, so I'm happy.

Welcome.  I hope you like this forum.  If having trouble, this is the place to ask.  Lots of help and friendly advise.