azkyle89

Horrible cut quality - stuttering

I have a VinylExpress Qe60+ 24"

I've been using it with SignCut Pro for the last 2 years and has worked just fine. All of a sudden its now cutting extremely slow and seems to be stuttering along the cuts. Test cut runs fine along with weeding frames. It seems like it may just be any contours. Straight lines the speed goes back to normal. If I try cutting a simple text 12" long it takes close to 5 minutes. I have reset the cutter and all the SingCut settings and nothing is fixing it. I have replaced the blade as well.

How about a simple word- in Arial Black --"test" or something like that?  I have watched my cutter stutter thru a cut, and realized that there were hundreds of nodes it was trying to hit on an object.

If the test cut runs fine- it tells me the culprit is probably the file.

• Like 1

kinda had the same thoughts as jburns    - answering his question will be the first step in troubleshooting

Test cuts fine. A little slow on the 's' but not horrible. This file I'm cutting I have done in the past with no problems. Yesterday I ran a cut of literally just "NV" in a curved-like font. They're only about 2" wide and I had to leave the house while it cut 100 of em they were so ridiculously slow. The vector file themselves are extremely simple with only a few points on each letter. Its not smooth while cutting along anything with a contour at all.

Well.. I'm not sure how but now the "NV" file runs perfectly without any stuttering or slowing... I think it's time for a new cutter or something.

Have you tried a different cutting program to make sure yours didnt become corrupt?  Try Sign blazer just to try it free install ...

• Like 1

The bigger question is did you upgrade to WIN10? I know the vinyl express Q series is a re-branded Graphtec however it may work like a value cutter Driver?

• Like 2

Hi,

The issue you have sounds as it has to do with the curve resolution setting in SignCut. If you click Cutter in the settings menu then you find an option called Curve resolution. We normally recommend to have it set to half since SignCut cut every single node when it is set to 100% so if there are a lot of them in the curves in your design then it takes longer time and the result can also be more stuttering. When setting the curve resolution lower SignCut removes nodes and makes the lines smoother. It should not effect the result of the design.

If you need more assistance then you are welcome to our support at support@signcutpro.com or visit our livechat at our website www.signcutpro.com.

Regards,

Therese

• Like 1

I love SignCut. Good to see you keeping tabs on the forum Therese. You guys have the BEST support I have ever dealt with.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1