C-Dub

Cutting widthwise / "landscape" in SCALPro 3

Hey there. I just got my MH series cutter and SCAlPro 3. I am using 24" width Oracal 631 and want to be able to cut a couple of 9" designs side by side. WIth the additional inch or so worth of material on all sides of each design, I want to be able to use around 12 linear inches from the roll each time I do a set of cuts. I have the designs set up in one document, obviously. I am using V 3.076 on a Mac running OSX.

Unfortunately, the machine only seems to want to cut the designs vertically, so that I have both designs against the right hand side, where the origin begins. I have tried both WYSIWYG and Origin, as well as both landscape and portrait, and it keeps doing the same thing.

My work around so far has been to go back and reset the origin to the middle of the roll and print another set of 2 designs, but this is a hassle because it means that I either have to cut 4 designs at a time, or end up with a bunch of random squares of possibly unusable vinyl.

Can someone please clarify how I can get my cuts to happen horizontally? Thanks in advance.

The MH cutter is not compatible with a Mac,  It says it right on the ads,,  Put it on a Windows PC lower than Windows 10 and it will probably work fine.

Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

The MH cutter is not compatible with a Mac,  It says it right on the ads,,  Put it on a Windows PC lower than Windows 10 and it will probably work fine.

Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

The MH cutter is compatible with the Mac, per USCutter's own info and answers on Amazon. It cuts fine. It just does not format properly. I am exporting Adobe Illustrator docs to SCALPRO 3 and everything is working fine except for this formatting glitch.

Look in each corner of your design mat in your software. Which corner is the small triangle pointer in?

It doesn't that I can see. There is an arrow that shows the feed direction on the mat (at least I think that is what it is showing), but I do not see how to change it.

Here you can see that the vertical and horizontal orientations have the feed such that it will always print in a vertical orientation.

mLKlWsH.png

vDqjAAe.png

Look at the top pic, top right corner. See that little black triangle that's different from the other corners? As well, see the arrow on the left side that points left? The upper right corner arrow is telling you where your blade should be, and the left side is pointing at vinyl feed direction. SCALP3 was a headache to figure out why it wouldn't switch. 4 will switch everytime when changing orientation. You'll just have to dicker with it. 

Although, it looks like the bottom pic has it correct.

If I'm understanding your post correctly, I am having similar problem. I need to make a 48x6 windshield decal, but can only seem to get it to want to cut width wise (width of machine, only 34") need to figure out how to get it to cut long ways....

If I'm understanding your post correctly, I am having similar problem. I need to make a 48x6 windshield decal, but can only seem to get it to want to cut width wise (width of machine, only 34") need to figure out how to get it to cut long ways....

Did you figure out how to cut long ways? I have been searching this for hours and cannot figure it out. I need to cut a 10x36, but my cutter is only a 24". I know it can be done, I just do not know how it is done?:huh:? Please let me know if you found out anything

I don't use this software so perhaps I'm missing something, but if you can't get the plotter to cut they way you want, couldn't you just rotate your design 90 degrees? I do it all the time in SB. My designs are all kinds of twist and turned to get them to all fit using as little vinyl as possible.

Did you figure out how to cut long ways? I have been searching this for hours and cannot figure it out. I need to cut a 10x36, but my cutter is only a 24". I know it can be done, I just do not know how it is done? :huh:? Please let me know if you found out anything

Turn your design longways on the mat. If it won't fit, adjust your mat size. Basically you'll be cutting 10" wide and rolling off 36" of vinyl off the roll. And roll the vinyl off prior to cutting, don't make your cutter pull that much off.