Sign in to follow this  
brunelloinc

Blade holder SLAMS down on initial cut

Hi All,

I have a new CE6000-40 and I'm new to cutting.

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but the bladeholder seems to slam down pretty hard on the vinyl when it starts a new cut. 

I've attached a video showing the behavior. Is this how it's supposed to work or is that a little aggressive?

I've pasted all of my software settings below. These settings are controlled in Cutting Master 3 and synced back to the cutter over USB.

On the cutter itself, I have the setting for "Initial Down Force" set to 1 (the lowest setting). I don't see an equivalent setting on the computer software side.

Details:

Here's are the details of my equipment and settings:

Graphtec CE6000-40 Cutter

Blade: Graphtec CB09U-K60 (60º, 0.9mm)

Condition:

Blade: Graphtec CB09U-K60 (60º, 0.9mm)

Offset: 0

Speed: 1 cm/s

Acceleration: 0

Cut Force: 10

Passes: 1

Tangential Mode: Off

Tool Setting:

Step Pass: 0

Offset Force: 2

Offset Angle: 0

Initial Blade Position: 2mm Below

When Tool is Up:

Speed: Auto

Advanced:

Move Step: 0.1mm

Step Size: 0.010mm

force.mov

Is it actually cutting when you send a job? When I got mine I didn't have the blade holder snapped all the way in so it wasn't cutting but did make a loud slamming noise until I got it properly seated.

Yeah, it's cutting just fine I was just worried that it was going down a little too hard and thought maybe I didn't have something set correctly. After you got the blade holder seated correctly, does it still slam?

Yeah, it's cutting just fine I was just worried that it was going down a little too hard and thought maybe I didn't have something set correctly. After you got the blade holder seated correctly, does it still slam?

What ever happened on the circle problem?.. You never updated on it.

Mz Skeeter,

Unfortunately I never really found a solution to the hangnails on the small circles. I'm cutting them in rows and just throwing away the bad ones.