slice&dice

Wishing to see clarification regarding Vinyl Master "upgrade"

On the website, there is now an offer for Vinyl Master "upgrade for Current USCutter Software Users"

What does that mean?  Is it a reference to the US Cutter Sure Cuts A Lot Pro software that's provided to purchasers of cutters?

• Like 1

They gave me the $30 price....and I use SignBlazer on my LaserPoint.

I got the offer in the US Cutter weekly email and it's a download of the Basic

CUT version.  I figure I may need it if (and when) SignBlazer stops working

with the newer Windows upgrades.

Sue2

I am curious on the Vinyl Master Cut software > i currently use SCALPS 4 pro . Would it be better software than mine? The only thing i dont like about scalps is the text to line feature.The arc or arch lol is not very good.I do most of my designing in Ai cs6 and then just use scalps for shadowing,cutting or making outlines i need or special tweaks.. Thanks

They gave me the $30 price....and I use SignBlazer on my LaserPoint.

I got the offer in the US Cutter weekly email and it's a download of the Basic

CUT version.  I figure I may need it if (and when) SignBlazer stops working

with the newer Windows upgrades.

Sue2

I'm also limited by SignBlazer, especially as my new sign shop gets more and more submissions for 'vectorization' of existing logos.

While SBE can do vector conversions, it's not so great at it.  Yeah, Inkscape performs that task OK, but if this program handles that type of job well, it's worth $30 to me.

I'm not "limited" by SB and I was stupid enough to buy scalp3... Even after that, I would jump on this except they don't support my PCut cutter... :blink::wacko::angry::bear:

I guess its a trial and error thing see if you get it for that price or call them and let us know.

Anyone can take advantage of the $30 pricing, all you need is to have a USCUTTER account.

The link to their promotional offer is here --------------------->  http://www.uscutter.com/VinylMasterCutSoftware-Upgrade

I've started a new thread about my first impressions on USING the software

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/50012-what-do-you-get-for-30-vinylmaster-basic-upgrade-for-us-cutter-users/

just talked to uscutter....The cost is  $30 for the upgrade for our Value Cutters, for Titans, its $45. just wanted to post this ..

If you look at the ad, wouldn't you figure that an actual disk is provided?

USCUTTER needs to be stating in their description that this is a download.

I encountered a problem intalling it on one machine with XP, but it did work on the others ---  must be something about the XP version I had.

(all my 4 computers are WinXP system machines)

(edited to reflect that I finally got it working on XP)

post-21408-0-71953100-1443658662_thumb.j

Edited by slice&dice

Slice where did you get the info for downloading it? I didnt get a link when checked out and so far nothing in the mail. Maybe I will get a physical copy I ordered other stuff.

Slice where did you get the info for downloading it? I didnt get a link when checked out and so far nothing in the mail. Maybe I will get a physical copy I ordered other stuff.

This is one of the weird things with how USCUTTER is handling the orders for the program.

Instead of just offering the serial number in an eMail, they are actually providing a CARD with the #.

It just seems unecessary, since the VinylMasterCut is a download anyway.

When you receive your other stuff, there will be a flourescent yellow sticker on the box saying there's "MATERIAL" included.

(my card was stuffed down inside a cardboard tube of vinyl)

post-21408-0-12751000-1443788782_thumb.j

post-21408-0-42796000-1443788968_thumb.j

That is bs that's a horrible way of doing this, however I see their point they aren't making enough on the deal to warrant a physical copy. But your right they should send an email however their money maker is shipping. I guess if we want a physical copy just gotta make one.

OWJones, on 01 Oct 2015 - 23:40, said:snapback.png

No kidding - if that's all I ordered and I got charged $9.99 for a post card with a number on it (on top of the $30 for "software") and had to wait 48+ hours for delivery, I'd have been pissed...

I agree that just a out and out rip off when all they had to do was even just send a email ...

I agree that just a out and out rip off when all they had to do was even just send a email ...

I'm over that 48 hrs I would get mine till Monday sometimes. I messed up and forgot to click on home delivery I would have gotten it yesterday. That said I however ordered some yellow HTV so it paid for the card, But they could have sent it through email the code and saved us costumers a lot of money, Then again they are out to make money themselves and getting us to order the code and figure we should order other items makes them money. ah done with random babbling.