Sign in to follow this  
lablover

Thinking about silk screen

I think my biggest complaint about HTV is when you have a big heavy design..All that HTV gets bulky on a t shirt and feels kind of weird to me...I think you all know what I mean  :)

I just completed my FIRST T-shirt order (194) of mixed sizes for a local construction co. I ordered heat transfers from TCI.. Very pleased with finished transfers and no muss no fuss. Just heat press and DONE ! Just my $.02 :rolleyes:

I just completed my FIRST T-shirt order (194) of mixed sizes for a local construction co. I ordered heat transfers from TCI.. Very pleased with finished transfers and no muss no fuss. Just heat press and DONE ! Just my $.02 :rolleyes:

Whats TCI

Thanks

Whats TCI

Thanks

TCI is a silkscreen shop that makes plastisol transfers of the design you send them and the charge you. once you get the plastisol transfer back and heat press it on to your shirts. plastisol transfers is the way to go if

1) you dont want to spend the money to buy the silkscreen setup

2) your clients are ok with them cause they dont have the silkscreen feel and some clients want that feel.

TCI isa silkscreen shop that makes plastisol transfers of the design you send them and the charge you. once you get the plastisol transfer back and heat press it on to your shirts.

Is that the company name...TCI?  I can't seem to find them on google

I think my biggest complaint about HTV is when you have a big heavy design..All that HTV gets bulky on a t shirt and feels kind of weird to me...I think you all know what I mean   :)

yup also Plastisol transfers can have that feel if not made on the right screen mesh count.

Plastisol transfers are 'screen prints', they're just printed in reverse, and upside down, on a carrier sheet, so when you apply it, it's just like it came off a screen print machine. Just like a traditional screen print, the more colors, means, the more color separations, and more screens to make.

Except the pressing process on the transfers makes them flatter and usually shinier than actual on the garment printing. Not necessarily a bad thing but something to be aware of and I have actually pressed screen print shirts to get that effect on occasion.

I have found, you screenprint, and let the others, do the other stuff, or do the other stuff, and get someone else to do your screen printing.

Umm.. I screen print and other stuff..

Yep some days i wish i only stuck to one thing!

Screen printing is a little messy!

post-16863-0-31007700-1443761691_thumb.j

I think my biggest complaint about HTV is when you have a big heavy design..All that HTV gets bulky on a t shirt and feels kind of weird to me...I think you all know what I mean   :)

I hate wearing HTV Shirts with a lot on it..

• Like 1

Don't you mean just your .15 cents ?   lol